This is the object of the crime, my "supreme" greed (and after all very trendy for some time) ...
To be honest, I hesitated for a long time before taking the plunge into making my own "homemade" macaroons.
This technique was for me, reserved for professional pastry chefs, so I did not pretend to be able to succeed!
Yes, but ... Before being successful, you have to know how to get started :)
I'm still testing several flavors today (starting with the chocolate macaroon, of course!), I decided to present the lemon recipe, light and tangy.
Here are the details of their realization ...
Start with the lemon cream: dissolve 40g of cornstarch in 20cl of water and bring to the boil. Off the heat, add the juice of 2 lemons, 2 egg yolks and 40g caster sugar. Mix well then let cool.
Prepare the macaroon:
- Mix in a food processor 125g of ground almonds with 210g of icing sugar. Sift the powder obtained using a sieve (!) Or fine Chinese.
- Whip 3 snow whites with 30 g of powdered sugar. Once they are firm, add the coloring (the yolk that I have is liquid, in this case you have to put 20 drops).
- Gradually pour the mixed powder into the snow whites, mix with a spatula.
- Fill a pastry bag with the appliance, then make small circles 4 cm in diameter on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 150 ° C for 15 min.
- When removing from the oven, let the macaroons rest before peeling them off.
- Stick the shells 2 by 2 using a teaspoon of lemon cream, then refrigerate.