For breakfast, a nice stack of Fluffy pancakes do you like it? An easy and quick recipe for puffy and gourmet pancakes like in the USA! Inside, there are simple ingredients that you already have at home. To taste them, serve them still warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit or simply a knob of butter...
What you will love with this pancake recipe
- tailored et Fast to prepare
- of basic ingredients that you already have at home
- carefully puffy and light
- little sweet, you can add your favorite toppings
Simple ingredients for these fluffy pancakes
- Eggs : medium caliber. It is thanks to the eggs that your pancakes will be soft. It is important that they are at room temperature so that the pancakes rise well.
- Granulated sugar : that's what I use here but you can substitute with brown sugar. This recipe is deliberately not very sweet because it allows you to add sweet fillings such as spread, jam, etc. to these soft pancakes.
- Milk : whole or semi-skimmed, at room temperature. You can replace it with vegetable milk if necessary.
- flour : wheat or spelled (I use T55). It brings hold to pancakes.
- Yeast chemical : it allows the dough to rise during cooking.
- Salt : it is a flavor enhancer.
How to make fluffy pancakes?
- First we mix all the ingredients together EXCEPT egg whites
- We beat them stiff egg whites
- We incorporate them delicately in the dough
- On heat the pan and we grease it
- We pour a little batter, we let the pancake cook on one side then we turn it over
- We continue until there is no more dough!
NB: the detailed recipe for these fluffy pancakes with the quantities of ingredients is given to you at the bottom of the page.
My tips for perfectly successful pancakes
- Gently fold the egg whites with a spatula: this is important to keep the fluffy and light side of these fluffy pancakes.
- Let the dough rest for 20 to 30 minutes : this allows the dough to acquire the ideal texture, not too liquid so as not to spread too much during cooking.
- La pan should be hot already when pouring the batter.
- Cover your fluffy pancakes as you go under an aluminum film to keep them lukewarm, the time to cook them all in the pan.
What to eat your fluffy pancakes with?
- with some Maple syrup
- with a Pat of butter semi-salted that go over when they are still lukewarm
- with fresh fruits depending on the season: kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, bananas…
- with some melted chocolate
- with some spread
- with some peanut butter, mashed almonds…
- salty version : with grilled bacon, scrambled eggs…
How to store your pancakes once cooked?
Of course the ideal is to enjoy these fluffy pancakes freshly prepared, still warm… But if you have any left, you can keep them in the refrigerator 2 to 3 days in an airtight container. To reheat them, you have to put them in the microwave for a few moments, or even in your toaster if it is high enough.
You want to freeze them? It is possible too! To prevent your fluffy pancakes from sticking together, simply wrap them individually in cling film or separate them with baking paper, then in an airtight container placed in the freezer. To reheat them, place them directly in the microwave for a few seconds.
Other breakfast recipes
To vary the pleasures at breakfast with homemade, take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Chewy chocolate banana muffins
- Crispy and fluffy Liège waffle
- Healthy banana pancakes without refined sugar
- Butchy chocolate chip brioche
- Banana bread with chocolate chips and peanut butter
- Hazelnut chocolate babka
If you make these fluffy pancakes, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful pancakes!
Fluffy Pancakes, The Easy Recipe
- 2 medium eggs
- 2,5 tbsp granulated sugar dose to adapt according to your taste
- 150 g milk
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Butter for the pan
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and milk. Then add the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture is homogeneous, without lumps.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until stiff with the pinch of salt.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the previous mixture with a spatula. The dough should be fluffy and light. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to optimize the texture.
- Lightly butter a very hot non-stick pan (medium heat, adapt according to your equipment). Remove excess butter with absorbent paper if necessary.
- Using a small ladle or ice cream scoop, pour a little batter into the center of the pan, forming a circle 11 cm in diameter (I put the equivalent of 2 ice cream scoops). The dough will spread very slightly.
- Cook for about 1 minute, that is, until small bubbles appear on the surface and the edges harden a little. At this point, turn the pancake using a spatula and brown for 1 minute on the other side.
- Place each cooked pancake on a plate and cover with aluminum foil while you make all the pancakes: this keeps them warm.
- Enjoy them still warm with the toppings of your choice: knob of butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, spread...