For breakfast, a nice stack of american pancakes ultra soft, do you like it? I offer you a super simple and delicious recipe to try for your next weekend brunch!
A batch of fluffy pancakes like what I had tasted on my trip to New York. Pancakes that can then be coated with maple syrup, whipped cream, honey, jam and so on ...
The ingredients for American pancakes
As for the ingredients for these pancakes, nothing extravagant, you should have everything in your cupboards!
Eggs : we want them here at room temperature. This is ideal for this recipe.
Granulated sugar : or brown sugar. This recipe is intentionally not very sweet because it allows you to add spread, jam etc ... on your pancakes.
Milk : always at room temperature. It can be replaced by vegetable milk if necessary.
flour : wheat or spelled. She brings hold to the pancakes.
Yeast : it allows the dough to partially swell during cooking.
Salt : it is a flavor enhancer.
The tip for fluffy American pancakes
You have certainly already tasted pancakes that are a little flat like pancakes and you did not really like it? This is not the case with this recipe! The trick to know is to separate the egg whites from the yolks and Beat the egg whites before incorporating them into the dough ...
It is this trick that creates this airy and soft side of american pancakes !
For cooking, you can use a large pan (by pouring the dough in the shape of a circle using a small ladle) or you can use a specific pancake pan.
Other breakfast recipes
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your stack of pancakes;)
Very Soft American Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2,5 tbsp powdered sugar dose to adapt according to your taste
- 15 cl of milk
- 120 g of flour
- 1 cc of baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt.
- Butter for the pan
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, powdered sugar, milk, flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
- Incorporate the egg whites into the previous mixture, then cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly butter a hot non-stick pan.
- Using a small ladle, pour a little dough in the center of the pan, forming a small circle 10 cm in diameter.
- Cook for a few moments until the edges harden a bit and small bubbles appear on the surface. At this time, turn the pancake over using a spatula and brown for a few moments on the other side.
- To be enjoyed warm or cold with the topping of your choice ...