For breakfast, a nice stack of Fluffy pancakes do you like it? An easy and quick recipe for puffy and gourmet pancakes like in the USA! Inside, there are simple ingredients that you already have at home. To taste them, serve them still warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit or simply a knob of butter...
What you will love with this pancake recipe
- tailored et Fast to prepare
- of basic ingredients that you already have at home
- good puffy and light
- little sweet, you can add your favorite toppings
Simple ingredients for these fluffy pancakes
- Eggs : medium caliber. It is thanks to the eggs that your pancakes will be soft. It is important that they are at room temperature so that the pancakes rise well.
- Granulated sugar : that's what I use here but you can substitute with brown sugar. This recipe is deliberately not very sweet because it allows you to add sweet fillings such as spread, jam, etc. to these soft pancakes.
- Milk : whole or semi-skimmed, at room temperature. You can replace it with vegetable milk if necessary.
- flour : wheat or spelled (I use T55). It brings hold to pancakes.
- Yeast chemical : it allows the dough to rise during cooking.
- Salt : it is a flavor enhancer.
How to make fluffy pancakes?
- First we mix all the ingredients together EXCEPT egg whites
- We beat them stiff egg whites
- We incorporate them delicately in the dough
- On heat the pan and we grease it
- We pour a little batter, we let the pancake cook on one side then we turn it over
- We continue until there is no more dough!
NB: the detailed recipe for these fluffy pancakes with the quantities of ingredients is given to you at the bottom of the page.
My tips for perfectly successful pancakes
- Gently fold the egg whites with a spatula: this is important to keep the fluffy and light side of these fluffy pancakes.
- Let the dough rest for 20 to 30 minutes : this allows the dough to acquire the ideal texture, not too liquid so as not to spread too much during cooking.
- La pan should be hot already when pouring the batter.
- Cover your fluffy pancakes as you go under an aluminum film to keep them lukewarm, the time to cook them all in the pan.
What to eat your fluffy pancakes with?
- with some Maple syrup
- with a Pat of butter semi-salted that go over when they are still lukewarm
- with fresh fruits depending on the season: kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, bananas…
- with some melted chocolate
- with some spread
- with some peanut butter, mashed almonds…
- salty version : with grilled bacon, scrambled eggs…
How to store your pancakes once cooked?
Of course the ideal is to enjoy these fluffy pancakes freshly prepared, still warm… But if you have any left, you can keep them in the refrigerator 2 to 3 days in an airtight container. To reheat them, you have to put them in the microwave for a few moments, or even in your toaster if it is high enough.
You want to freeze them? It is possible too! To prevent your fluffy pancakes from sticking together, simply wrap them individually in cling film or separate them with baking paper, then in an airtight container placed in the freezer. To reheat them, place them directly in the microwave for a few seconds.
Other breakfast recipes
To vary the pleasures at breakfast with homemade, take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Chewy chocolate banana muffins
- Crispy and fluffy Liège waffle
- Healthy banana pancakes without refined sugar
- Butchy chocolate chip brioche
- Banana bread with chocolate chips and peanut butter
- Hazelnut chocolate babka
If you make these fluffy pancakes, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful pancakes!
Fluffy Pancakes, The Easy Recipe
- 2 medium eggs
- 2,5 cs Granulated sugar dose to adapt according to your taste
- 150 g Milk
- 140 g flour
- 1 cc baking powder
- 0,5 cc vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Butter for the pan
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and milk. Then add the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture is homogeneous, without lumps.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until stiff with the pinch of salt.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the previous mixture with a spatula. The dough should be fluffy and light. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to optimize the texture.
- Lightly butter a very hot non-stick pan (medium heat, adapt according to your equipment). Remove excess butter with absorbent paper if necessary.
- Using a small ladle or ice cream scoop, pour a little batter into the center of the pan, forming a circle 11 cm in diameter (I put the equivalent of 2 ice cream scoops). The dough will spread very slightly.
- Cook for about 1 minute, that is, until small bubbles appear on the surface and the edges harden a little. At this point, turn the pancake using a spatula and brown for 1 minute on the other side.
- Place each cooked pancake on a plate and cover with aluminum foil while you make all the pancakes: this keeps them warm.
- Enjoy them still warm with the toppings of your choice: knob of butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, spread...
They are so beautiful! I love!
WE DO NOT RESIST, NOT WITH A RECIPE LIKE THIS .. TITOU "LOVES, AND DEVOURS", OH! YES .. kisses kisses ..
I devour them without problem
They look great on your pancakes!
oh, beautiful, fluffy pancakes the way we love them here in North America. you make me hungry there!
Yum yum, indeed they look very soft and puffy, I love it!
Your pancakes look perfect! Yum yum!
a true delight !
wish it's been a long time since I did it, I often did it on Sunday morning if nothing planned
Really superb your Lilie pancakes.
You were in the spotlight at my house yesterday for our greatest pleasure. Thank you
This looks very good!
At Avenue Manhattan we love your made in USA recipes! Thank you for bringing a little America to us. It is beautiful, and it is undoubtedly also very good!
Thank you Manhattan Avenue! I believe in fact that we share the same taste for sweets made in the USA! @ soon, Lilie.
Too good, there are already more! A delight, thank you !!
I discovered your blog this morning when I woke up and I just made your recipe which made my mouth water this Sunday morning! Thank you!
Recipe as soon as tried as soon as adopted, extremely easy and quick to make with impeccable results on arrival. Thank you so much for sharing
Thank you for sharing. I really like !!
Very pretty this recipe !!
Thank you very much for the recipe ^^ immediately tested as soon as adopted. This is the best pancake recipe I have ever tried. They are extra soft. Yum
Besides, I think I'll share it on my blog (By putting the link of course
First of all, they are guns, because they are very thick. And then they are divine because they are very soft. They are prepared in a short time (by the way, I even skipped the rest time) and keep well for the next morning.
Recipe tip top therefore. Thank you :)
I made them this morning and they are delicious !!!;)
Can the dough be made THE day before?
Yes why not !
By whipping the eggs, you are trying to make the batter fluffy and light. If you let the batter set overnight, it may flatten. Try to use the same techniques and skills you use for making a souffle.
So I tested them and I can only approve of the previous comments: they are perfect! The recipe is very simple and quick. I had prepared the dough the day before for breakfast the next day and it was a success! Thank you for this wonderful discovery :)
Quick and easy recipe perfect and delicious pancakes!
I tried quite a few pancake recipes to find the one that my family and I were going to like the best and it was definitely the one that won all the votes.
Thank you Lilie Bakery
Super thank you Marion :)
I am not very good at cooking but this recipe is very easy and results very delicious! I have never made such good pancakes !! Thank you
Great ! thank you for your comment Eron;)
I tested this afternoon and we had a great time.
Thank you for this recipe, these pancakes are excellent!
Very very good pancakes, very soft, I made the dough yesterday and ate this morning, it was really great! This site puts stars in my eyes, I can't wait to test lots of recipes now that I've discovered it! <3
Very very good pancakes, very soft. I made the dough yesterday and ate this morning, it was really great! This site puts stars in my eyes, I can't wait to test lots of recipes!
Excellent, I love it, they are very thick, light, and without fat. Thanks Lily
Today's late breakfast test, the salty topping version: 1 thin slice of cheddar, a touch of vegetable piperade (eggplant, zucchini, peppers) and a touch of lamb's lettuce. Accompanied by a homemade cappuccino, it's wonderful.
Whoa, it makes you want your brunch! Delicious !
they are gorgeous and delicious (I made them)
keep on going
They are super good and airy thank you for your recipe.
Thanks for your feedback :)
Tested this morning for a first success guaranteed a killing !!!!
Can we prepare the dough the day before and keep it in the fridge to cook them the next morning?
Can we prepare them the day before and keep them?
Mathilde the gléhuir
Well done they are to die for soft we tasted them with chestnut cream or milk jam with orange and gingerbread
I tried to make the pancakes and of all the pancake recipes that I have tried they are the best they are soft and very delicious to make again
Hello, just a GREAT word !! My men at home loved it. My husband said: To taste them is to adopt them. Thank you for this recipe and have a nice day
Hello, it's just a KILLING recipe validated by the whole family, thank you and have a good weekend to you
Thank you Didine! :)
Good morning. Received in the newsletter, we tested the recipe in a tasted rugby afternoon with fruit, peanut butter, maple syrup. A real treat.
Thanks for the recipe. The whole family loved it.
Great ! Thank you Marie for your feedback :)
Bravo simple and super good thank you
Thank you Betty for your feedback :)