A soft recipe as we like: the Apple muffins, cinnamon and maple syrup ! Perfect for adding a touch of fruit to a snack, or to breakfast… Very easy to make, they are also very fragrant with the addition of cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup.
Muffins are always a pleasure to make: they're quick, and in about twenty minutes you can enjoy them lukewarm out of the oven! A great way to incorporate seasonal fruits in its desserts ...
Ingredients to plan for these apple muffins
As for the ingredients for these muffins, we are on a classic recipe. You will see, the muffin batter is dense enough to hold the pieces of fruit (without them falling to the bottom of the boxes). On the other hand, after cooking, the result is very soft, rest assured.
You will need them basic dry ingredients : flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar. In this recipe, we add more cinnamon powder. For the other ingredients, plan: butter, eggs, vanilla, liquid cream, maple syrup.
For apples, I recommend the Granny Smith: it is better to have a little sweet apple, since the muffin batter is sweet. The result will thus be balanced. If you choose another variety, you will need to adjust the dose of brown sugar.
How to make chewy apple muffins?
This recipe is very easy to make ! We start by beating the butter and the brown sugar. When the mixture is creamy, add the eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
Separately, the dry ingredients are mixed together and then incorporated into the dough alternately with the cream. We peel and seed the apples: 1 diced apple we add to the dough and 1 apple, sliced for the decor.
Finally, we pour the dough into the boxes, add the apple slices on top and then put in the oven! We let the apple muffins cool down before tasting ...
Tips for making this recipe a success
The ingredients must be at room temperature: especially the eggs, butter and cream. This ensures a good final texture.
Fill the boxes to the top and put in an oven preheated to 200 °: this allows the muffins to have a rounded finish.
How to store these apple muffins properly?
Once made, apple muffins keep very well at room temperature. I still recommend an airtight container or bell so that they keep all their softness, this until About 4 days.
If you put them in the fridge, these muffins will lose their softness, so I don't recommend it ...
Other recipes to try
If you like muffins, then I suggest you take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Soft chocolate muffins
- Soft blueberry muffins
- Chocolate chip coconut muffins
- White chocolate matcha tea muffins
- Lemon poppy muffins
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute muffins!
Apple Muffins Cinnamon Maple Syrup
- 390 g wheat or spelled flour
- 1 cs shaves baking powder
- 1 cc baking soda
- 0,5 cc salt
- 2 cc natural vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1,5 cc cinnamon powder
- 140 g Light brown sugar
- 65 g Maple syrup
- 115 g softened butter
- 230 g whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 2 large Granny Smith apples or other slightly sweet apple
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° traditional heat. Prepare a muffin pan by placing paper cups inside the indentations.
- Start by beating the butter and the brown sugar to obtain a creamy and light mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing between each, then the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Incorporate these dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the liquid cream. Do not over-mix (just enough), which allows the dough to rise well.
- Peel and seed the 2 large apples. Cut 1 apple into small cubes and slice the other apple (neither too thin nor too thick). Incorporate the diced apples into the dough, mixing gently with a spatula.
- Pour the dough into the boxes using an ice cream or tablespoon. Fill almost to the top so that they are well rounded after cooking.
- Before placing in the oven, arrange the apple slices on each box (cut before so that the slices are the size of the boxes).
- Bake for 25 minutes. If necessary, test the cooking using a wooden pick. Let cool and unmold on a grid. If desired, sprinkle with a little cinnamon before tasting.
I love the little effect on the top! Very appetizing!
I come to see your recipe which I like very much !!! very appetizing
It was the effect on the top that attracted me as well. It is very beautiful and I really like desserts made with apples. Awesome these muffins.
I stumbled upon your blog by chance so the muffins are in the oven ^^
Das Silva Albano
They are super good it's a real treat
I just made your recipe not having maple syrup I replaced it with honey
We'll see the verdict of the guests tomorrow
To taste pleasures
I made these muffins urgently for an impromptu snack, a total success! Delicious, everyone was delighted. Thank you for this recipe !
Top ! Thank you Carine, the perfect snack :)
Another delicious recipe, thank you very much! How soft! These are my first muffins, I had a priori thinking that it was a rather dry dessert, but not at all, we enjoyed ourselves. These will not be the last, it remains to choose which of your recipes I will now test :-)
Thank you very much Caroline, with pleasure! See you soon for next recipes :)
I must have missed a few things. They are too dry, I had to divide the recipe by 2 but it's not great, I'm disappointed but I think it's me who screwed up somewhere.
On the other hand, I had made the chocolate banana muffins at the same time…and this is a treat
Hello Christelle, indeed you have to be careful when cutting the dosages, because the end result may be different… See you soon :)