A comforting apple-based dessert: the Apple and cinnamon pie apple pie way. A tart nicely decorated with dough braces containing melting apples flavored with cinnamon ...
I don't know about you, but here, the winter wrapping mode is indeed activated! This is I think my favorite part of this season, staying warm, by the fire, a steaming cup of tea and a good snack at hand (you need at least that to warm up, right?).
It also means spending more time in the kitchen, and preparing good homemade meals ... Like this Apple pie cinnamon apple pie. Cinnamon, personally, I put it everywhere, I love it! For dessert or even as an infusion, it reminds me of Christmas and the family moments spent in feasting.
How to make an apple pie?
We start by taking care of the dough. You will need a larger amount of dough than a classic tart since the apples are covered with dough braces. There is also a refrigeration time (1 hour).
Then we prepare apples : for this recipe, I slice them but you can also dice them if you prefer. We then prepare a mixture of cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch and a touch of whole sugar to coat the apples.
After having lowered the dough on the work surface, it is placed in a pie dish (deep) and not from a usual pie dish. Mine is very vintage, but still fulfills its functions it is the main one. Then add the cinnamon-flavored apples and prepare the braces ...
Tip for making the braces
Does this decor intrigue you with dough braces? To make the braces, it's pretty simple, even if you have to be a little concentrated not to skip a line. You will not be disappointed with its effect once completed!
We start by cutting 2,5cm dough strips wide and we place them on the pie, leaving spaces on either side. Then we lift one in two bands and we place a new strip perpendicular. We fold the raised bands and we continue so on to finish the design.
We must think about well seal the edge with the tines of a fork so that it sticks well during cooking.
Once in the oven, this apple cinnamon pie will perfume your entire kitchen (and that's just happiness). The apples inside will be melting and fragrant, I bet it will be devoured at home as well as at home, at high speed.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty pies!
Apple & Cinnamon Pie
- 300 g flour
- 200 g very cold soft butter
- A pinch of salt
- 20 g brown sugar
- 60 ml very cold water
- 4 apples preferably organic
- 1 tsp convex cinnamon
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- Juice of a lemon
- 1,5 cornflour cs
- 50 g whole cane sugar
- 1 oeuf
- Water (ml)
- Start by making the dough. On the work surface, make a well with the flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the cold butter cut into cubes. With your fingers, mix to obtain a texture of coarse sand. Then add the water little by little to form a ball. Divide into two equal balls, wrap in a film and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- For the garnish, peel, core and cut the apples into slices. In a container, put the apples, and sprinkle with lemon juice. Pour in the whole sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cornstarch. Mix everything for a homogeneous result.
- Lower the two balls of dough on the work surface (the 1st will be the bottom, the 2nd will be the braces). Place the first disc of dough in the buttered and floured 25 cm pie mold. Pour in the filling and its liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° traditional heat.
- Cut the second disc of dough into long strips about 2,5cm wide. Cover the pie with half of these strips (see my photos for placement). Lift every other strip and place one strip perpendicularly then fold back the raised strips. Do this to create the set of braces. Cut the pieces of dough that protrude from the mold. Seal by pressing the edge with a fork. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- With a brush, coat the tart with the egg / water mixture so that it is golden brown.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, rather at the bottom of the oven. To watch so that it does not burn!