This asparagus pie recipe is so easy to make, ideal for a light meal, a starter or even as an aperitif. A real spring pie which allows you to taste the beautiful seasonal green asparagus ! You'll love this easy puff pastry recipe topped with ricotta, lemon and Parmesan cheese.
The achievement is very fast, I have put some pictures of the step by step for you. This makes it easy to enjoy seasonal vegetables such as asparagus. You can do it at rectangular format, like me, or in a round format. No need for a pie tin, it's the puff pastry rim that will rise by itself when baking, practical!
What ingredients are needed for this asparagus pie?
Green asparagus : they are the stars of this recipe! Opt for rather thin asparagus: they are better and easier to cook. If your asparagus are too thick, they should be blanched first or cut in half to ensure better cooking.
Puff pastry : to choose from the best possible quality, pure butter.
ricotta cheese : this is what will give the creamy to the filling.
Egg yolks : it is used in the garnish to give it hold. It is also used to brush the edge of the dough before baking.
Parmesan cheese : for its taste and the creaminess it brings to the garnish. You can also grate it after cooking.
Seasoning : salt, pepper, lemon zest (it goes very well with the taste of asparagus), finely chopped chives.
How to make this asparagus ricotta parmesan tart?
This pie is really easy to make. We start by spreading the puff pastry on a baking sheet. We mark the rim of the dough with a knife on 1-2cm. This will allow the edge to rise in the oven and be crispy.
Then we mix the garnish : ricotta, egg yolks, parmesan, lemon zest, salt, pepper, chives. It is spread over the dough, avoiding the rim.
We wash the asparagus and cut off their base, which is darker and less tender. I advise you to whitewash a few minutes in boiling water to make them softer, then drain them well. It only remains to dispose them head to tail to decorate the whole pie. We brush tablecloth a little egg yolk on the edge of the dough, sprinkle with sesame seeds and put in the oven ...
Possible variations for this recipe
You can make this veggie asparagus tart by adding sliced smoked salmon right out of the oven. The two flavors complement each other very well ...
Other recipes to try
If you like these kind of easy savory recipes, then take a look at these other recipes from the blog: Bruschetta tomato mozza di buffala pesto Thin zucchini goat basil tart, the Baked sweet potatoes chickpeas with spices, the Green asparagus, peas, ricotta toast Tomato tart with fresh goat cheese and basil Green lentil beet feta salad.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your lovely pies!
Asparagus, Ricotta, Parmesan Tart
- 1 rectangular or round puff pastry
- 300 g green asparagus to choose rather thin
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 g freshly grated parmesan
- Chive sprigs
- Zest of a small lemon
- Salt pepper
- 1 beaten yolk to brown the dough
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° convection heat.
- Wash the asparagus, cut their base (less tender). I advise you to blanch them (a few minutes in a saucepan of boiling water) then to drain them well and dry them.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg yolks, freshly grated Parmesan, chopped chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Spread the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a knife, lightly mark the edge of the dough without cutting it entirely - rim of about 2cm.
- Spread the garnish inside then place the asparagus alternately. Season with salt and pepper again if necessary, and add a little more chopped chives.
- With a brush, coat a little beaten egg yolk on the edges of the dough then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 15/20 minutes: the pie must be cooked. Adapt this time according to your oven.