Such a comforting recipe: that of Banana bread chocolate peanut butter ! Inside, ripe, fragrant bananas, chocolate chips, peanut butter and no refined sugar. Everything you need to keep morale high, and have fun ...
Le Banana Bread, you know ? You may already be a fan like me! It is so simple to do, practical to taste. In this very soft recipe, I wanted to add a little originality to it with its chocolate chips and his peanut butter… I hope you like it as much as I do!
What ingredients for this chocolate peanut butter banana bread?
The list of ingredients is intentionally simple and short, the ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard (and ripe bananas too perhaps?)
bananas : we want them very ripe for their fragrance! This is the key to the recipe.
flour : wheat or spelled, as you prefer.
Baking soda : it is the raising agent of the recipe.
Eggs : prefer large eggs for this banana bread.
Butter : I use soft butter, here it is well softened (room temperature)
Complete cane sugar : unrefined, it is perfect for this recipe, it also brings all its aromas ...
Peanut butter : I choose it without lumps, very smooth (without adding sugar or salt). But if you prefer with pieces, it's up to you!
Chocolate chips : I used dark chocolate chips, but you can crush dark chocolate pastry yourself. More or less full-bodied according to your tastes.
vanilla : it reveals the tastes of this banana bread
How to make this chocolate banana bread?
We start by mixing the flour and baking soda. In another container, we whisk the butter and sugar to obtain a creamy mixture. Gradually add the eggs, alternating with the dry ingredients.
It is not necessary not "over-mix", just right. Afterwards, we crush the bananas with a fork, but we keep one for the decoration. Then we add them to the dough. We finish with the softened peanut butter, chocolate chips and vanilla.
It only remains to pour into a floured buttered cake mold (or lined with baking paper). Before baking, cut in half lengthwise the remaining banana then place the two halves, flat side up.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of simple recipes to make, then I advise you to take a look at these other blog articles: the Moist banana bread with cinnamon and icing, Banana honey pecan cake, Chocolate peanut butter brownie, Peanut butter chocolate tarts, Peanut butter and chocolate cookies, Soft chocolate muffins, Soft chocolate brownie.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful banana bread!
Banana Bread Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 200 g wheat or spelled flour
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 70 g soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 120 g rapadura or other whole sugar
- 4 ripe bananas or 3 if they are big
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85 g chocolate chips - or crushed chocolate
- 110 g peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Then add the eggs one by one, alternating with the dry ingredients. Mix just enough.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas (but keep 1 whole for the decoration) then add them to the dough, with the vanilla extract, the chocolate chips and the peanut butter warmed beforehand so that it is a little runny.
- Pour into a cake mold (28x10cm for me, I can link it to you at the bottom of my article) previously buttered: you can also put baking paper inside if you want to facilitate your demolding.
- Cut the remaining banana in half lengthwise and place the two halves on the dough, flat side up.
- Bake for about 1 hour: test the cooking using a wooden pick. Cover halfway through cooking if the banana bread browns too quickly. Let cool for a few minutes then unmold on a grid.