A gourmet and tasty recipe: the Soft banana bread with cinnamon and creamy icing! An ideal treat for breakfast and afternoon tea. This banana "bread" will seduce you with its incomparable softness.
If you have some overripe bananas at home, do not throw them away! Instead, make a banana bread: a very simple and quick recipe to make. I chose to decorate mine with a creamy frosting to give it a smooth touch to the tasting ... I hope you will be seduced, too!
How to make this moist cinnamon banana bread?
It really is child's play! To make this soft banana bread, you must first crush bananas blackberries with a fork. This is done by itself, since they are very ripe.
We then prepare dough : the butter and the sugar are whipped to obtain a creamy mixture. Then we add the eggs one by one, then the yogurt, vanilla and mashed bananas. Apart, we mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon). Then we incorporate them little by little into the dough.
I chose to decorate this banana bread with crushed hazelnuts (it's optional): I add them to the dough just at the end. Then, we pour into a floured buttered cake mold, then put in the oven. NB: it is necessary to let cool banana bread before covering with frosting.
My tips for successful frosting of banana bread
This creamy icing consists of 4 ingredients : lightly salted fresh cheese (Philadelphia for me), well-softened butter, icing sugar and a little milk.
For a successful frosting, it is important that the ingredients are at room temperature. Using a robot or a hand mixer, whip the natural cream cheese and the butter until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. We add the icing sugar in rain (quantity to measure according to your taste), then finally the milk.
You can then coat the soft banana bread with this icing using an angled spatula or a tablespoon ...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of tasty and easy to make desserts, I advise you to take a look at these recipes from the blog: the Banana bread chocolate peanut butter, Chocolate banana muffins, Honey pecan moist banana cake, Raspberry peach fondant cake, Strawberry peach ricotta cake.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty banana bread!
Moist Banana Bread with Cinnamon and Creamy Icing
- 120 g softened butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 natural yogurt
- 250 g flour
- 1 cc baking soda
- 1/4 cc salt
- 1/2 cc cannelle
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 80 g Hazelnut optional
- 180 g cream cheese Philadelphia
- 60 g softened butter
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 cs Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 °. traditional heat, grid positioned at the bottom of the oven (penultimate notch).
- In the bowl of the food processor, mix the softened butter with the brown sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Then add the whole eggs, one by one, continuing to beat.
- Then add the plain yogurt, the ripe bananas previously mashed with a fork, and the liquid vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Separately, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Incorporate these dry ingredients into the previous mixture, little by little, to avoid lumps.
- Lastly, add the crushed hazelnuts. Mix one last time.
- Pour the dough into a silicone cake mold or classic buttered and floured mold, then bake for about 65 minutes. (Plan to cover with aluminum foil halfway through cooking).
- Let cool completely then unmold on a wire rack.
- Beat in a food processor the Philadelphia plain cream cheese and softened unsalted butter until a smooth cream is obtained. Add the icing sugar and mix. Add the milk and beat again.
- Cover the top of the banana bread with this icing and sprinkle with a few hazelnuts for decoration.