A nice batch of Very moist blueberry muffins and well inflated, what do you think? A perfect recipe for breakfast or afternoon tea! Not very sweet, filled with fresh fruit, it would be wrong to deprive yourself of it ...
Starting the day with warm fresh-baked muffins sounds a bit like the perfect breakfast. These are very easy to do, within minutes 15. Nothing better than to smell the beautiful smell that emanates from the oven when they cook!
Ingredients to plan for this blueberry muffin recipe
The base of muffins is very classic. Inside we find flour (wheat or spelled as you prefer), yeast, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and a touch of cinnamon (to enhance the taste of blueberries).
For the other ingredients, you should provide butter, eggs, whole liquid cream and blueberries.
I prefer to use fresh blueberries : they disgorge less during cooking, which avoids ending up with a very blue muffin dough!
PS: all quantities are given to you in detail at the bottom of this article.
The equipment for successful muffins
Whether for cupcakes or muffins, I use a 12 cavity rigid muffin pan. I cook several times in succession if necessary, cooling it between each. For that I pass it under a trickle of cold water.
Inside the mold impressions, I place white paper boxes, which become transparent when cooked. This facilitates demoulding and also transport and prevents everyone from putting their fingers in it.
Sometimes I also use rigid muffin boxes that stand on their own in the oven. Just place them on the baking sheet.
How to make super moist blueberry muffins?
As for the cakes, we start by beating together the butter and the brown sugar to obtain a mixture. very creamy. Then add the eggs and vanilla.
Separately, the dry ingredients are sifted together and incorporated in three batches, alternating with the cream. The resulting paste is quite thick but this is what makes it possible to hold the blueberries well afterwards (avoiding that they all fall to the bottom).
In the last step, add the fresh blueberries. I them gently incorporate with a spatula so that they do not break in the dough.
Finally, all that remains is to pour the dough into the paper boxes placed in the muffin tin before placing in the oven.
Tips for well rounded muffins
To make sure your muffins rise in the oven, there are several tips. First of all, you need a significant amount of lifting agent: do not be afraid of the amount of yeast of these blueberry muffins is normal.
Then you have to make sure do not over-mix dough. You have to stop as soon as you no longer see lumps of flour. This allows the dough to swell well.
Finally, the cooking is done in a very hot oven, to create a temperature shock conducive to the "rounded" side of muffins.
Other recipes to try
If you like muffins for breakfast or afternoon tea, then I suggest you take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute muffins!
Very Soft Blueberry Muffins
- 390 g wheat or spelled flour
- 1 cs baking powder
- 1 cc baking soda
- 0,5 cc salt
- 2 cc natural vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 0,25 cc cinnamon powder
- 220 g light brown sugar dose to adapt according to your tastes
- 115 g softened butter
- 230 g heavy whipping cream 30%
- 230 g fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° traditional heat. Prepare a muffin pan by placing paper cups inside the indentations.
- Start by beating the butter and brown sugar until you get a creamy and light mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing between each, then the vanilla.
- Apart from mixing the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Incorporate these dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the liquid cream. Do not over mix (just enough). This allows the dough to rise well.
- Add the blueberries last, mixing gently with a spatula.
- Pour the dough into the boxes using an ice cream or tablespoon. Fill almost to the top (so that they are well rounded).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Test the cooking using a wooden pick. Let cool then unmold on a grid.