A deliciously refreshing recipe: the Coconut & chocolate chip ice cream ! A melting and creamy texture with its crunchy little pieces of chocolate… Very quick to make, it will remind you of the taste of the famous Bounty.
The pleasure of making your own homemade ice cream, you know ? If not, I strongly advise you to get a ice cream maker ou ice turbine to make this coconut ice cream recipe creamy and fragrant… You will not regret your purchase (and you will be able to test many other recipes with these devices).
What ingredients should you plan for this coconut ice cream?
Seulement 7 ingredients are needed to make this coconut & chocolate chip ice cream. For the frozen base, you need: eggs, milk, powdered sugar and fresh cream. The crème fraîche provides the necessary dose of fat for the creamy side.
To perfume this coconut ice cream, we need canned coconut milk, finely grated coconut. For the chocolate side, I use crushed pastry chocolate. You can have ready-made chocolate chips if you prefer. I opted here for a little full bodied chocolate (52%) if you want you can choose more full bodied.
How to make this chocolate coconut ice cream?
You need one large container to prepare this coconut ice cream! We first whip the eggs to make them frothy, then add the powdered sugar. Then, we pour the milk, the crème fraîche and mix again. We finish with coconut milk, grated coconut.
Then, it depends on your machine: generally we have to start it a little before so that it is very cold when pouring the mixture. All you have to do is pour the preparation into the bowl of your machine and let it "spin" for about 45 minutes.
Before the end of the turbining, do not forget to incorporate the chocolate chips. I advise to put the ice obtained in the freezer so that it is firmer. It is then easier to make beautiful scoops of ice cream.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of frozen desserts, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: the Smooth Oreo Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry stewed yogurt ice cream, Coffee chocolate ice cream, Coconut chocolate ice cream sticks.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful ice cream cups!
Coconut & Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 160 g Granulated sugar
- 240 ml Milk
- 475 ml fresh cream 30% mg and pot
- 400 ml coconut milk canned
- 60 g grated coconut
- 130 g dark chocolate pastry more or less full-bodied according to your taste
- Chocolate sauce optional
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Then pour in the milk and the crème fraîche, mix well to homogenize everything.
- Finally, pour in the coconut milk and add the grated coconut.
- Start the ice-cream maker, pour the preparation into the machine and leave to churn for about 45 minutes.
- Just before the end of the churning process, add the crushed chocolate.
- Then place in the freezer for several hours to optimize the texture (firmer).
- Serve in ice cream cups (accompanied by a small chocolate coulis for the greediest)