A homemade frozen Christmas log recipe: the Chestnut cream chocolate tiramisu log ! Ideal for finishing off a hearty holiday meal in style, this log is also very easy to make: no need for a log mold, a cake mold will suffice.
You can make it in advance: which is very practical when you have the rest of the meal to prepare as well ... No coffee in this tiramisu log but a nice gourmet pairing with chocolate cream of chestnuts ! It will therefore appeal to everyone, young and old around the table.
Some details on this tiramisu log recipe
Flavors: we first find the sweet flavor of the tiramisu cream as well as the spoon cookies. The originality here is the ganache made from lightly bodied dark chocolate and chestnut cream. An ideal duo for the end of year celebrations!
Texture : light to enjoy at the end of a meal thanks to its frozen texture. The guests will appreciate!
Difficulty level : very easy to make because it does not require any specific material (neither log mold nor insert mold). A rectangular cake tin will suffice.
Ingredients to plan to make this tiramisu Christmas log
You will not be amazed by the ingredients listed in my recipe if you have already made a tiramisu at home: mascarpone, eggs, sugar, spoon cookies. For the chestnut cream ganache part, you will need light pastry dark chocolate, chestnut cream and whole liquid cream.
I added a small decor on the log to further suggest the “tiramisu” effect. To make it you will need whole liquid cream, mascarpone, a little icing sugar and bitter cocoa for the final touch.
How to make an iced tiramisu log?
We start by making the chestnut cream ganache : heat the cream and then pour it over the chocolate cut into pieces. Finally, add the chestnut cream.
For garnish, it's like a tiramisu. We whisk the egg yolks and the sugar then add the mascarpone and finally the snow-white delicately.
To assemble the log, part of the filling is poured into the mold previously lined with cling film. Place a few cookies and cover them with a little chestnut cream ganache. Again we pour a little filling, cookies, ganache and finally a last layer of filling.
It is then necessary to place the tiramisu log in the refrigerator and then in the freezer so that it takes on its icy texture. After 12 hours in the freezer, you can unmold it on the serving dish and make the decoration with whipped cream. This decoration is prettier with the pastry bag. Then you sprinkle with bitter cocoa.
How to serve this Christmas log?
This tiramisu log is served immediately after placing the whipped cream decoration, which will be creamy. Or you can put it back in the freezer quickly (without waiting for it to be thawed) and keep it until dessert time. The whipped cream will have become firm.
Other recipes to try
If you like homemade Christmas logs, I also invite you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty logs!
Chocolate and Chestnut Cream Tiramisu Yule Log
- 70 ml whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 40 g 52% cocoa dark chocolate
- 160 g Chestnut cream
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g Granulated sugar
- 1 tin of spoon cookies
- 100 ml whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 cs icing sugar
- Bitter cocoa for sprinkling
Chestnut cream ganache
- Heat the liquid cream in a saucepan then pour over the roughly chopped chocolate, mix to melt. Then add the chestnut cream, mix and let cool (put in the refrigerator to accelerate).
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk the yolks and the powdered sugar (the mixture should become very clear). Then add the mascarpone, mix well.
- Gently incorporate the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture using a spatula. The whole should be sparkling.
- Prepare the cake tin by covering it entirely with cling film. Try to avoid wrinkles as much as possible. My mold is 28 x 10 x 8cm.
- Pour 1/3 of the mascarpone preparation into the bottom of the mold, then line up a few spoon cookies parallel to the mold then spoon a layer of chocolate / chestnut ganache on the cookies (no need to be too precise, the cookies will move a little bit, hence the marbled effect, you just have to put all the layers).
- Place a layer of mascarpone cream again, then the spoon cookies, then the chocolate / chestnut ganache. Finish with a last layer of mascarpone preparation.
- Smooth and refrigerate for 3 hours. Then place in the freezer overnight (12 hours minimum).
- Whip the liquid cream into whipped cream, then add the mascarpone and the icing sugar. Garnish a pastry bag and decorate the previously unmolded log with small domes of cream.
- Sprinkle the whole log with bitter cocoa.