A few days before Christmas, it was time to start posting a festive recipe here! This bundt cake gingerbread, it's really an ideal recipe to make with the family, while waiting for the 25th (and also after of course).
And yes, it is still a question of spices! In this season I love it, it's so heartwarming. Here a nice blend of cinnamon, ginger and "four spices" to recreate that taste of gingerbread that we love so much.
In the classic gingerbread recipe, molasses is often used. Not having any on hand when making the cake, I opted for maple syrup, and it's just as delicious.
The crown shape of the bundt cake always has its effect, don't you think? Anyway, I'm still a fan of my Nordic Ware mold (I put the direct link at the bottom of the article if it gives you an eye!). This mold is a little apart in the Nordic Ware range because it is smaller than the others (6 cups instead of 10 cups generally), it suits me better because I don't need to feed a regiment!
To come back to the recipe, I therefore added a royal honey icing to perfect the whole thing: think again the whole is not too sweet. I made sure not to over-sweeten the cake itself so that I could fully enjoy the frosting. And besides, I tell myself that I should have put even more! That is to say…
For the recipe, go to the bottom of the article!
Honey Glaze Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- 315 g flour
- 1 level tbsp of ground ginger
- 1,5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp four spice blend, ground
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 1 this salt
- 2 eggs
- 170 ml Colza oil
- 80 g whole cane sugar or brown sugar
- 150 g Maple syrup
- 170 ml Hot water
- 160 g icing sugar
- 2 cs milk to adjust
- 1 cs honey to adjust
- Preheat the oven to 165 ° traditional heat.
- Sift together the flour, spices, salt and baking soda.
- Apart from lightly whipping the eggs then add the oil, maple syrup, whole sugar and mix well.
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not mix more than what is needed.
- Add hot water last, mix one last time.
- Pour the dough into a buttered and floured bundt cake mold (size 6 cups link below) and bake for about 45 min (middle or bottom of the oven). Test the cooking using a wooden pick.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before unmolding on the rack.
- Prepare the icing by mixing icing sugar, milk and honey. If too liquid add icing sugar, if not enough add milk. Pour icing over warm / cold cake using a tablespoon.