Ce Roasted hazelnut cake & chocolate praline ganache is ultra soft and very fragrant, it will perfume your kitchen with its scent of toasted hazelnuts. Garnished with a chocolate praline ganache, it is also terribly delicious ... So why go without?
For this recipe, I wanted a cake that combines the soft and the fondant in the nutty / praline spirit. Inside this cake we find hazelnuts roasted in the oven then mixed : you get homemade hazelnut puree! Hazelnuts can also be found as a decoration on the cake, on the chocolate praline ganache.
What ingredients should you plan for this hazelnut cake?
For the hazelnut cake part, we find the usual ingredients ie: flour, yeast, eggs, butter, sugar, a little cream and vanilla. We will of course need hazelnuts too!
For the ganache and the decoration, you will simply need praline pastry chocolate (you can easily find it in supermarkets), whole liquid cream and hazelnuts.
How to prepare this chocolate hazelnut cake?
We must first roast the hazelnuts : this is what will reveal their flavor. You can do this in advance for this step by the way. Just place them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for a few minutes. At the exit of the oven, without burning yourself, you detach the skins of the hazelnuts using a tea towel. Leave to cool for the rest. Then we take some of the hazelnuts and we mix them to create a paste / mash of hazelnuts.
So, we can tackle the preparation of the hazelnut cake. To do this, whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture turns white. Add the other wet ingredients, along with the hazelnut paste. Finally we finish with the dry ingredients. Born not over-mix, just right. All you have to do is pour into a floured cake mold and put it in the oven.
To make the chocolate praline ganache, heat the cream and the chocolate in pieces in the microwave or saucepan, mix well and then let cool so that it takes on a spreadable consistency. Finally, decorate the cold cake with a spatula or a spoon, then place the rest of the roasted hazelnuts on it ...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of gourmet recipes, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: the Hazelnut chocolate cake with creamy ganache, Roasted hazelnut chocolate babka, Hazelnut chocolate madeleines, Hazelnut chocolate rolls, Soft chocolate brownie.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty cakes!
Roasted Hazelnut Cake & Chocolate Praline Ganache
- 165 g all-purpose flour
- 160 g whole shelled hazelnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 110 g soft butter, melted
- 140 ml heavy whipping cream 30%
- 110 g light brown sugar
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 2 cc + 0,25 cc level of baking powder
- 170 g praline pastry chocolate type nestlé dessert or other brand
- 90 ml heavy whipping cream 30%
- Start by roasting the hazelnuts: in a hot oven 175 ° traditional heat, put the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. They must not burn. Then transfer them to a tea towel on the work surface and rub to easily remove the skins (wait a bit to avoid getting burned). Let cool.
- Pour 110g of hazelnuts in a blender (keep the rest for decoration). Mix until obtaining a paste of hazelnuts.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and brown sugar until the mixture whitens slightly. Pour in the cream, melted butter, vanilla and hazelnut paste. Mix well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder then add to the previous mixture. At this stage, mix just enough to have a smooth paste without too much emphasis.
- Pour the dough into a floured cake mold (mine is 26x10cm).
- Bake for 50 minutes at 170 ° traditional heat on the low rack of the oven. Monitor the cooking with a wooden pick, adjust the cooking time if necessary. Let cool in mold then unmold on grid.
- To make the ganache, heat together (microwave or saucepan), the chocolate cut into pieces and the cream, then mix vigorously so that the ganache forms. Let cool to obtain a spreadable consistency.
- Using a spatula, generously coat the cake with ganache and add the coarsely crushed hazelnuts.