A light and melting coconut-flavored cheesecake, do you like it? This recipe from Coconut and chocolate cheesecake is really easy to do. Coconut and chocolate combine in this dessert, for a really tasty result ...
Do you like coconut? I do ! A mild flavor, ideal in desserts. Here I used coconut milk (canned) and grated coconut to flavor this cheesecake. For the thin chocolate layer, I chose dark pastry chocolate: the two flavors work wonderfully!
How to prepare this coconut and chocolate cheesecake?
First of all, you have to make the biscuit base: a mixture of coconut cookies and small butter mixed with melted butter then packed at the bottom of a springform pan.
Then make the coconut filling. We mix fresh cheese (I always use the Philadelphia because it is not very salty), cream, coconut milk, sugar and grated coconut. We then pour this filling into the mold and put it in the oven!
For the chocolate part, we melt the chocolate and butter before coating the cold cheesecake…. A little touch of grated coconut for decoration and voila!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
I advise you to bring the ingredients to room temperature about 30 minutes before the start of the recipe.
For coconut milk, use only the hard part on the inside of the can.
After cooking, leave the cheesecake in the oven half-opened, this prevents it from cracking.
Other cheesecake recipes to try
For cheesecake lovers, I recommend these other recipes from the blog, which you might also like: Salted butter caramel cheesecake, No-bake strawberry lemon cheesecake, Japanese cheesecake, White chocolate cheesecake.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty cheesecakes!
Coconut & Chocolate Cheesecake
- 100 g dry coconut cookies
- 125 g small butter cookie
- 125 g soft butter, melted
- 300 g Philadelphia type fresh cheese
- 250 ml semi-thick cream 30% mg
- 110 g granulated sugar
- 280 ml canned coconut milk the solid part
- 40 g shredded coconut
- 35 g cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 100 g semi sweet chocolate bar
- 60 g unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° (traditional heat).
- Mix the dry coconut cookies and the small butter cookies fairly finely.
- Add the melted unsalted butter, and mix well. Using a glass, tamp this mixture onto the bottom and side of a 22 cm diameter springform pan. Place in the fridge.
- With a mixer (or in a food processor), mix the cream cheese, semi-thick cream, powdered sugar, coconut milk, grated coconut, cornstarch until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Incorporate one by one the whole eggs previously relaxed with a fork.
- Pour the filling into the mold on the biscuit base and cook for 1 hour. Let the cheesecake cool in the half-open oven, then place in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is better).
- In a saucepan, melt the dark chocolate and the diced sweet butter over low heat. Smooth well.
- Let cool before coating the cheesecake with chocolate, smoothing everything. Add a little grated coconut.
- To be enjoyed immediately if you want the chocolate to be soft, or after taking it in the fridge if you want it a little harder (like me).