Ce Very tender cherry and almond cake is a real pleasure of the season! A melting texture thanks to the ricotta, a good taste of cherries and almonds. A soft and soft cherry cake!
It is typically the kind of cakes that can be enjoyed at breakfast (it is not very sweet). And if in addition, like me, you have beautiful fresh cherries in your garden, then there is the jackpot! If not, of course you can find some nice ripe and fragrant cherries at the market.
How to make this cherry cake?
To obtain a very melting texture like that of this cherry cake, we mix ricotta, ground almonds and a touch of flour.
On the other hand, we whisk the eggs and brown sugar so that the mixture is frothy then add the dry ingredients and oil.
The mold I used for this recipe is 20cm in diameter. If you use a larger pan, the cake will be less tall.
Then pour half of the dough into the buttered floured mold, sprinkle with pitted cherries. Then we put the rest of the dough. Add the last cherries on top with the slivered almonds.
Variations around this recipe
This recipe can also be made with raspberries or strawberries instead of cherries. The principle stays the same.
I do not recommend removing the ricotta or powdered almonds as this will change the final texture too much. This cherry cake is intentionally not very sweet, but you are free to adapt it to your taste (I prefer to have a light hand in sugar).
Other cakes to try
If you like this kind of fruity seasonal recipes, then I advise you to take a look at these recipes: Cherry chocolate pavlova, Red berry mascarpone tart, Raspberry mascarpone tart Breton palet, Raspberry Orange Blossom Financiers.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cakes!
Very Fondant Cherry Almond Cake
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g powdered almonds
- 180 g brown sugar
- 1 cs rapeseed oil
- 3 eggs
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g or more! pitted cherries
- 1 handful of sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- Whisk the eggs with the brown sugar until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Stir in the ricotta, flour, ground almonds and oil. Mix well to obtain a smooth paste.
- Butter and flour a 20cm diameter mold.
- Pour half of the dough, place half of the cherries then pour in the rest of the dough and decorate with the remaining cherries and slivered almonds.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes (check doneness with a wooden pick).
- Let cool on a rack then unmold.