An easy and extra moist recipe: the Chocolate banana cake ! Gourmet and light, almost melting, with a delicious taste of banana and chocolate chips. As quick to prepare as it is to devour! Perfect as a snack or dessert to delight your loved ones…
What you'll love with this chocolate banana cake
- flavors : the delicious combination of banana and chocolate! A real treat with every bite… Especially if the bananas are very ripe!
- Texture : extra fluffy! Thanks to the bananas in particular which bring a lot of moisture to the cake batter.
- Difficulty level : really very easy to do! In fifteen minutes, the chocolate banana cake is in the oven, what more could you ask for? I baked this cake in a 20cm round springform pan of diameter.
- bananas : for this cake, you need very ripe bananas. If their skin is blackened that's great because they will be even more fragrant! Size level, rather a small/medium caliber.
- sucre : I use two different sugars in this recipe, classic white powdered sugar and brown sugar.
- eggs : big caliber for this recipe.
- chocolate chips : I take maxi chocolate chips with 50% cocoa (you can easily find them in the pastry department). Otherwise you can make them yourself by chopping a bar of dark pastry chocolate.
How to make a chocolate banana cake?
- Mash the bananas with a fork
- We mix the wet ingredients on one side
- Add the bananas
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients and then add them to the dough
- Finish by incorporating the chocolate chips.
- We decorate the top of the chocolate banana cake and bake!
NB: the quantities of ingredients and the detailed recipe are given at the bottom of the page.
My tips for a successful chocolate chip banana cake
- Are your bananas not ripe enough? Preheat the oven to 150° traditional heat, and place your bananas on a baking sheet (whole with their skin) for 30 minutes. They will become very soft and fragrant.
- Do not overmix the batter once the flour has been added: this keeps the cake moist after baking.
How to store your chocolate banana cake?
This chocolate banana cake can be stored at room temperature 3-4 days approximately, under hermetic bell sheltered from the sun. If you put it in the fridge, it will lose its softness, that's a shame, so I don't recommend it.
You can also freeze your chocolate cake bananas : either whole, or in parts already cut and placed in individual sachets in an airtight box.
Other recipes to try
If you like easy recipes for a snack, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Chocolate Pear Charlotte
- Chocolate vanilla zebra cake
- Far Breton with prunes
- White chocolate brownies
- Very moist lemon poppy seed cake
- melting brookies
If you make this chocolate banana cake, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful cakes!
Extra Moist Chocolate Banana Cake
- 4 ripe bananas small/medium size
- 50 g Light brown sugar
- 50 g Granulated sugar
- 110 g melted and warmed sweet butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 150 g flour
- 0,5 cc salt
- 7 g baking powder
- 120 g large dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180° traditional heat. Butter a round mold of 20cm then add a disc of parchment paper in the bottom to facilitate the unmolding.
- Peel 3 bananas (keep one for decoration) then mash them with a fork.
- In a container, pour the warm melted butter and the two sugars. Whisk to mix. Then add the eggs and vanilla, then the mashed bananas.
- Separately, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Then add these dry ingredients to the batter. Mix just enough so that you no longer see the flour (do not overmix).
- Finally, add the large chocolate chips (setting aside 1 tbsp of chips for decoration).
- Pour the batter into the mold. Cut the last banana into slices and place on top of the dough. Add the last chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, this varies according to your oven and according to the desired final texture, more or less melting. You can check for doneness with a wooden pick.
This cake is a real gem! Made in 10 min, it has a softness of madness, super addictive and very very greedy!! My minis and I quickly devoured it… we just have to make another one very quickly.
Thank you for this delicious recipe!
Hélène, thank you very much for your feedback!
Excellent ! Ultra soft, very fragrant, super easy to make and as always, a very well explained recipe! Thanks for helping us have fun!
Thank you very much for your feedback Astrid! :) See you soon
Delicious! had some success, I just reduced the sugar by 5%. Advantages: simple and fast.
Thank you Aurora!
Recipe made as soon as it is published… A real killer! Quick and easy cake to make, the recipe is set aside!
Thanks Sarah for your feedback! See you soon :)