A small seasonal snack! Even if the snow is no longer present, it adorns my batch of cupcakes this afternoon!
Here are the preparation details, for 10 small cupcakes:
- Mix 4 eggs and 80 g of sugar in a salad bowl.
- Melt 150 g of dark pastry chocolate with 50g of butter. Once the chocolate has melted, incorporate into the previous mixture.
- Add 50g of sifted flour, then 4 tbsp of salted butter caramel cream (my little “Breton” touch to this recipe!)
- Mix well and pour the dough into silicone molds. Bake for 20 minutes at 160 ° C. Then put in the fridge.
- In a saucepan, reduce 100g of sugar with 35g of water. At this stage, the temperature must be carefully monitored: at 110 ° C, remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat 40g of egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt, then pour the melted sugar in a thin stream into the whites, while continuing to beat (Italian meringue principle). Stop beating as soon as the container cools down.
- Fill a pastry bag with this meringue and place on the cupcakes.
- Bake for a few minutes under the grill to lightly brown the meringue (Norwegian omelette effect).
Let cool before tasting (ideal!), Or devour them right away if you can't wait!