This post was sponsored by Shopmium. All words and opinions that follow belong to me.
A recipe that is both gourmet and light in texture, perfect for the citrus season: the Clementine & chocolate chip cake. We love its tangy flavor thanks to the zest and juice of clementines. To make it, I incorporated a pot of Danone Velouté nature yogurt, to bring even more softness to the tasting...
Clementine and chocolate, a great combination, isn't it? In this cake, they both come together to create a real gourmet dessert. Easy to make, it will be ideal to taste for breakfast or snack.
Simple ingredients for a very fragrant recipe
- Spelt flour : to vary the wheat, I suggest you use spelled, for a slightly more rustic cake.
- Chemical yeast : this is what allows the cake to rise well.
- Light brown sugar : a touch of brown sugar for its sweet caramelized flavor.
- Danone natural smooth yogurt : inside this yogurt, there is milk, cream and ferments. It brings all its softness to the cake.
- eggs : we use large eggs here, it allows to obtain a nice texture.
- clementines : I opted for Corsican clementines because they are really delicious, no chance of being wrong!
- Butter : melted soft butter that is incorporated into the dough.
- vanilla : a touch of natural vanilla extract to enhance the taste of the cake.
- Chocolate chips : lastly, we add a little bit of chocolate chips. Just enough to balance out with the clementine.
My tips for making this cake a success with clementines
Place your ingredients (except yogurt) at room temperature 1 hour before making the recipe. You will really get an ideal texture for your cake.
For easy release clementine cake, I advise you to grease your mold and line it with baking paper. Once the cake is cooked, let it cool on a wire rack then quickly unmold it by pulling the sides of the baking paper.
Once made, this clementine cake can be kept at room temperature about 3-4 days, ideally in an airtight container away from heat and light.
Other recipes to try
If you like citrus-based recipes, I can also recommend these other recipes from the blog:
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery Our Instagram - so I can see your beautiful cakes!
Discover the Danone products on sale with the Shopmium app: https://bit.ly/3H49pA5
Clementine & Chocolate Chip Cake
- 230 g Spelt flour or wheat
- 100 g Light brown sugar
- 2,5 cc baking powder
- 1 pot of Danone natural velvety yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2,5 cc clementine zest
- 50 g squeezed clementine juice
- 1 cc vanilla extract
- 100 g soft butter, melted
- 75 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175° traditional heat. Grease a 24x12x7cm cake tin and line it with baking paper, letting it stick out on each side.
- In a container, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder.
- In another container, mix the eggs, vanilla, plain yogurt, clementine zest and juice. Then add the dry ingredients in 3 times.
- Add the melted butter to the dough and mix. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. Test for doneness with a wooden pick. If necessary, add aluminum foil at the end of cooking to prevent the cake from browning.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack then unmold. Decorate with clementine slices.