Are you tempted by very soft and delicious muffins? Those Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins can be prepared in a few minutes, with simple ingredients: they are perfect for a small homemade snack. The combination of coconut and chocolate is so delicious on the palate… Now it's up to you!
To make this recipe I used small tulip paper boxes, they're cute aren't they? You can of course use all kinds of paper boxes, or even do without boxes if you prefer to bake directly in a pre-greased muffin tin.
Some details on this chocolate coconut muffins recipe
Flavor: if you love coconut and chocolate i can assure you you will like the taste of these muffins! One does not gain the upper hand over the other, it remains fairly balanced. I slightly sweetened the recipe because the addition of coconut allows it.
Texture : Ultra soft! Partly thanks to the butter and coconut oil mixture, but also thanks to the grated coconut. Adding yogurt also helps to make the muffins extra moist.
Difficulty level : It's easy, you will only need two containers. You can use an electric mixer or just a classic whisk like me.
Ingredients to plan to make these coconut muffins
For these chocolate chip coconut muffins, we need classic ingredients : flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, brown sugar, unsalted butter.
For this particular recipe I added somecoconut oil (because I love the delicate scent it brings to preparations), grated coconut and chocolate chips. I also added some natural yogurt with coconut: it's a plant-based yogurt that you can find in all supermarkets, but if you don't have one, know that you can substitute with Greek yogurt.
How to make coconut and chocolate chip muffins
First, we start by melting the coconut oil and butter. Then add the brown sugar then the eggs and vanilla.
Apart, we mix together dry ingredients then they are added to the previous mixture, alternating with the yogurt. Warning: for the muffins, you must not mix the dough too much, just enough, this allows to obtain a nice texture, and a good rising in the oven.
We finish the preparation by adding the shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Finally, we fill the boxes with the dough and put in the oven!
How to preserve them well?
These chocolate coconut muffins are easily stored at room temperature. However, you have to think about placing them in a airtight container so that they do not dry out. They can be kept this way for 4-5 days.
Other recipes to try
If you like muffins then I suggest you take a look at these other recipes from the blog! I hope you like them too:
- Very moist blueberry muffins
- Soft chocolate muffins
- Lemon poppy muffins
- White chocolate matcha muffins
Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins
- 50 g coconut oil
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 0,5 cc natural vanilla extract
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 2 cc baking powder
- 0,5 cc baking soda
- 0,25 cc salt
- 240 g plain coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt (I took some plant-based coconut yogurt)
- 130 g dark chocolate chips
- 120 g shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° traditional heat. Prepare a muffin pan by placing paper cups.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil. Let cool.
- Then add the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix everything to have a smooth consistency.
- Apart, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Incorporate these dry ingredients into the previous mixture, alternating with the natural coconut yogurt (or failing that, Greek yogurt). Do not mix more than necessary.
- Finish by adding the grated coconut and chocolate chips: use a spatula / spatula to incorporate them. The dough is rather dense, this is normal.
- Pour the dough into the boxes using an ice cream scoop. Fill almost to the top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Test with a wooden pick (they should be lightly browned). The cooking time depends on your oven and your boxes. Let cool outside the mold on a wire rack.