A delicious frozen recipe: the Easy chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker ! 6 ingredients just to have fun and refresh yourself at the same time ... I added pieces of chocolate for the crunchy side. So who can resist?
This chocolate ice cream really has it all, including those who don't have an ice cream maker (ice cream maker or turbine). She is preparing in a few minutes barely, and is ready to enjoy after a few hours in the freezer. For tasting: in a cone or in a ramekin, the choice is yours!
Ingredients to plan for this chocolate ice cream recipe
Liquid cream : choose the whole at 30% mg, it is beaten into whipped cream and then incorporated in order to aerate the texture of the ice cream (like an ice cream maker).
Sweetened condensed milk : it is the key ingredient here, it is this which allows the ice cream to have a creamy and melting texture, and which prevents crystals from forming. I do not advise you to substitute it.
Bitter cocoa : it gives a nice chocolate flavor to the ice cream.
Dark chocolate : for more indulgence I add pieces of chocolate crushed in ice cream. I use no more 55% cocoa chocolate.
Vanilla / Salt : these are two flavor enhancers in this recipe, which will reveal the taste of chocolate.
NB: the precise quantities are given at the bottom of this article, in the detailed recipe part.
How to make this chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker?
To store and freeze chocolate ice cream, you need a standard mold cake mold (mine is 23 x 13cm) or an ice cream bin.
You will see, the steps are quick and easy! We start by mixing the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt in a container.
Separately, we whip the liquid cream into a firm whipped cream. Then, we just incorporate the whipped cream into the previous mixture. Be careful, you have to go slowly so as not to break the whipped cream. We want to keep its sparkling effect to aerate the chocolate ice cream. I use a maryse (spatula) for this step.
Then, we crush the dark chocolate into small pieces : more or less big according to your taste. We keep a small part for the decoration, and we add the rest to the mixture.
Finally, all you have to do is pour the preparation into the mold and sprinkle with the remaining nuggets. To protect the chocolate ice cream (and prevent it from taking on the smell of the freezer, it is wrapped in cling film. It must be frozen at minimum 2 hours before you can make scoops of ice cream.
How to properly store this homemade ice cream?
This ice cream will keep for approx. 1 week in the freezer. However, be aware that the longer the ice cream stays in the freezer, the more it hardens.
Leave it for a few moments at room temperature to be able to make the balls more easily. I also immerse the ice cream scoop in hot water, it helps a lot.
Possible variations for this recipe
If you want to give this chocolate ice cream even more crunch, you can add pieces of peanut or praline, at the same time as the pieces of chocolate.
When serving, whether in a cone or in a ramekin, you can add a chocolate sauce or a caramel sauce, decadence guaranteed!
Other recipes to try
If you like ice cream, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Raspberry stewed yogurt ice cream
- Smooth Oreo Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate coffee mocaccino ice cream
- Chocolate chip coconut ice cream
- Homemade raspberry ice cream in 3 ingredients
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful ice cream!
Easy Chocolate Ice Cream Without Ice Cream Maker
- 630 ml whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 540 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 45 g bitter cocoa powder
- 160 g dark chocolate pastry little bodied
- 1,25 cc natural vanilla extract
- 0,25 cc salt
- In a bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Whip the liquid cream into a firm whipped cream.
- Gently incorporate this whipped cream into the previous mixture: use a spatula and do it gently so as not to break the whipped cream (we want to keep the frothy effect).
- Crush the dark chocolate pastry into small pieces (more or less large according to your tastes). Add the crushed chocolate pieces to the preparation, keeping a little aside for decoration. Mix gently one last time.
- Pour the preparation into a large cake tin-type mold (mine is 23 x 13 cm for about 1,5 liters of ice cream).
- Add the remaining chocolate pieces. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer so that the ice cream sets (between 2 to 6 hours depending on the desired texture).