Turnkey Peanut butter and chocolate cookies : Impossible to resist! I suggest you easily make this batch of gourmet cookies at home. Moist and tasty thanks to peanut butter and chunky chocolate chunks. Deliciously addictive...
Le peanut butter and chocolate it's one of my favorite dessert combinations. These are such complementary flavors, right? Once you've tasted them, I'm sure you'll want to make them again!
What you'll love about these peanut butter cookies
- flavors : in these cookies, we find the balance between the taste of peanut butter and that of dark chocolate.
- Texture : the fluffy cookies are yours! When you bite into them, you really feel this comforting side thanks to the melting paste. The pieces of chocolate bring them a little crunch to the tasting.
- Preparation time : You will only need a few minutes to prepare these peanut butter and chocolate cookies. This recipe does not require refrigeration before cooking, so you can enjoy them even faster, and that suits us well!
What ingredients do you need to make the recipe?
I give you below the list of ingredients (the detailed quantities can be found in my recipe at the bottom of the page):
- Light brown sugar : in cookies in general, I really like to use brown sugar, here too! Its caramel flavor is perfect for this recipe.
- Butter : Soft, softened butter is used here. It adds fluffiness to the dough and allows the cookies to spread out on the baking sheet.
- Peanut butter : for this recipe, I take peanut butter with pieces. It is easily found in supermarkets, spreads. The peanut pieces add a little crunch to the cookies.
- Egg : we want a large egg for this recipe.
- vanilla : I use liquid vanilla extract, it helps to enhance the other flavors.
- Flour / Yeast : there is little flour in this recipe, just enough so that the cookies hold together well and are not dry, but rather soft.
- Dark chocolate : I use dark pastry chocolate in tablets to be able to crush it coarsely. I recommend a rather full-bodied chocolate (about 60-65% cocoa).
My tips for successful peanut butter cookies
- Measure the flour well : if there are too many, your cookies will be drier, that's a shame. I advise you to measure well using a scale.
- Do not overmix the batter : once the flour and yeast have been added, the dough must be mixed as strictly as necessary. If you mix too much, the cookies will go flat. You can make this recipe at pastry robot or manually.
- Do not cook more than necessary : even if the cookies still seem soft to you, it's normal, they harden as they cool on the baking tray out of the oven. It is therefore not necessary to extend the cooking time.
How to keep them?
These peanut butter and chocolate cookies keep very well at room temperature about 4-5 days if you put them in an airtight box. They will keep their softness. If not, you can prolong their lifespan in the fridge (up to 1 week), but they will get harder.
Can you freeze cookie dough?
Unbaked cookie dough freezes very well ! That's good news, right? Once the balls of dough have formed, they are first placed on a plate and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then, place them in a freezer bag and in the freezer.
With this technique, the cookie dough keeps up to 3 months. To cook them, there is no need to thaw them but the balls of dough are placed directly on a baking sheet, adding a few minutes of cooking in the oven compared to the basic recipe.
Other recipes to try
If you like these peanut butter cookies, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Macadamia white chocolate cookies
- Sesame chocolate chip cookies
- Banana bread chocolate peanut butter
- Caramelized pecan and chocolate cookies
- Chocolate peanut butter brownie
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful cookies!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
- 150 g Light brown sugar
- 50 g softened butter
- 60 g Peanut butter preferably with pieces
- 1 big egg
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 150 g flour
- 1 cc baking powder
- 80 g dark chocolate pastry preferably full-bodied (about 60-65% cocoa)
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C traditional heat.
- In a bowl, beat the brown sugar, softened butter and peanut butter until you get a creamy paste.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well before incorporating the flour and baking powder. Do not mix more than necessary at this stage: just enough.
- Coarsely chop the dark chocolate into large chunks. Add the crushed pieces to the batter (keep a few for decoration) and mix one last time.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out some dough and form small balls in the palm of your hands.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, place the small balls of dough, spaced between them by 5-6 cm. You will need to make at least two batches to cook the set.
- With your hand, lightly crush each ball of dough, so that it spreads out evenly during cooking. Add the remaining chocolate pieces on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 160°C. Cookies should be lightly golden. Leave to cool on a baking sheet out of the oven then transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
Hmmm I would take you a cookie !!!
I love peanut butter cookies!
*** Have a happy holiday season and see you soon!
I tried your recipe and I want to say I was pleasantly surprised. I, who usually find peanut butter disgusting, well I a-do-re this version.
Thank you and keep telling us about your culinary discoveries!
Hello Fati and thank you for your little note! @ soon!
Recipe tested and approved by my niece and myself, we love it!
We are also going to start making pop cakes and I would like to place my first order at Féerie Cake, could you sponsor me?
Thank you and bravo for your blog (the photos are just beautiful).
to carry out without worries on Saturday, to taste and to validate by head the family, too good we are always Saturday and there is more…
thank you lilie
They are perfect ! Well I made them a little overcooked but the next round will be niquel! Thank you.
Thank you Maryne :)
Aline - Graphic Designer Illustrator
Me who had just bought organic peanut butter!
I will test your recipe this week!
I love peanut butter (well, without teaspooning it either!) :)
Hello being one of your fans, I tested your cookies which are a killer everyone we loved a simple recipe but with so much flavor ...
hello I have a quick question before making these cookies which have the taste so delicious should we freeze the dough first so that they do not spread too much in the baking? Thank you for your reply . ps: I love your site you have a great recipe thank you bcq
Very good but for my taste too sweet, knowing that the chocolate already sugar ... so I'll cut back on the sugar next time.
Hello, do cookies always seem soft when taken out of the oven? Also, should the dough have a very reliable texture as it did for me when forming the little balls? Thank you :)
I just made the extremely crumbly dough recipe, can someone tell me if this is also the case?
Thanks to you I
Delicious cookies tested and validated! They are not at all disgusting, with the pieces of dark chocolate it's really great
These cookies are a real delight! My daughter is a huge fan of it! Come on, I'll make them again to taste it!
Thank you bcp (I will publish on insta)
Thanks Anne! I'm really happy that it appeals to young and old alike :)
I wanted to try some peanut butter cookies and came across your recipe. Everyone who tasted it loved it.
Thank you for sharing, I will try again by replacing the chocolate with m & m'S.
Thank you very much for your feedback Charlotte! Very happy that you and your loved ones like them;)
Thanks for the recipe
The cookies were excellent
Thank you very much Brigitte, see you soon :)
A recipe that I never tire of making over and over again… I have tried other recipes but CQFD yours is the best… I put less sugar than expected and I mix flour and cornflour with a hint of baking soda and c is just perfect… Thank you
Thank you very much for your feedback Virginia! :)
I was able to test this text today!
I just reversed the amounts of peanut butter and chocolate chunks and reduced the sugar, PERFECT!
Thank you Marina! Glad you like them :)