An easy and delicious recipe: the Raspberry chocolate cake with creamy whipped cream… An ultra soft, cocoa-flavored dessert with a layer of whipped cream and fresh raspberries. In addition, it is carried out quickly, so what more could you ask for?
If you love chocolate and are looking for a cake recipe for a special occasion (or just to treat yourself) then this one should I think you like very much. I have a real crush on her soft texture ! My testers at home too ...
Ingredients to plan to make this chocolate raspberry cake recipe
To realize the cake part, you will need the dry ingredients on the one hand: flour, brown sugar, whole sugar, bitter cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. As for liquid ingredients, you will need eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, melted pastry chocolate as well as hot water.
NB: I give you all the quantities in my recipe at the bottom of the page.
For my part, I used pastry chocolate with 52% cocoa, however you can also opt for a more full-bodied chocolate. This recipe mixes pastry chocolate with bitter cocoa, for a deeper flavor.
The bitter cocoa also gives the cake a darker color, which I think is even nicer! Hot water allows it to mix well with the other ingredients in order to have a smooth paste.
To achieve the decor of this raspberry chocolate cake, you will need very cold whole liquid cream, mascarpone and fresh raspberries. I strongly advise against frozen raspberries for this recipe.
How to make a chocolate raspberry whipped cream cake?
We start by preparing the cake because it is important that it be well cooled to decorate it. It can be made up to two days in advance, wrapped in cling film.
To make the chocolate cake, it is simple and fast ! The pastry chocolate is first melted. On one side we mix the dry ingredients, on the other side the liquid ingredients. The melted chocolate is then poured into the liquid ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients to the dough: mix everything together until you get a very smooth dough. All you have to do is put in the oven.
When the cake is very cold, you can prepare the decoration. We whip the whipped cream then add the icing sugar and mascarpone before whipping again. The whipped cream must be smooth and creamy.
For the decoration of this raspberry chocolate cake, no piping bag needed : we simply use a tablespoon or a spatula. Gently place the whipped cream on the cake. Then we add the fresh raspberries : be generous with raspberries it will be even better!
For the final touch, a small veil of icing sugar will make the raspberries even prettier… I recommend it!
My tips for making this recipe a success
In the ingredients, I mention the Light brown sugar and whole cane sugar. It is important to use these two sugars because it really emphasizes the chocolatey taste. Now you can easily find whole cane sugar in the supermarket (organic section).
To facilitate demolding, in addition to greasing the mold, add a round of baking paper in the bottom. As the cake is very soft, it can be trickier to unmold.
If your cake does a dome when cooking, you can completely cut this dome so that the whipped cream and raspberries decoration hold together well.
How to store this chocolate raspberry cake properly?
Ce raspberry chocolate cake once decorated can be kept for About 3 days in the refrigerator, ideally in an airtight cover. I still advise you to eat it quickly after decorating it.
It can also be frozen but without its decoration (only the cake). For this, I advise you to wrap it in a film before putting it in a compatible box in the freezer.
Other recipes to try
If you like chocolate (and I think there are many around here), then I advise you to take a look at these other delicious chocolatey blog recipes:
- Easy chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker
- Soft chocolate brownie
- Chocolate pear cake without flour
- Chocolate coconut pie
- Coconut chocolate creams without egg
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cakes!
Chocolate Raspberry Chantilly Cake
- 170 g flour
- 100 g Light brown sugar
- 60 g whole cane sugar
- 40 g bitter cocoa powder
- 1,25 cc baking powder
- 1,25 cc baking soda
- 0,25 cc salt
- 2 large eggs
- 150 ml Milk cow or vegetable
- 70 ml vegetable oil
- 1,25 cc natural vanilla extract
- 75 ml very hot water
- 85 g dark chocolate pastry 66% cocoa for me - you can take less full bodied according to your taste
- 180 g whole liquid cream 30% mg very cold
- 90 g mascarpone cheese
- 30 g icing sugar + a little for sprinkling
- 350 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat. Grease a 20cm mold and place a round of baking paper in the bottom to facilitate demolding.
- Melt the pastry chocolate in the microwave or in a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another, larger container, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Add very hot water last while stirring.
- Pour in the melted chocolate, and mix to homogenize.
- Finally, gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until you have a homogeneous consistency.
- Pour the dough into the mold and bake for about 50 minutes (test the doneness with a wooden pick, it must be dry or just with a few crumbs). Let cool for 10 minutes then unmold upside down on a rack until completely cooled.
- I recommend placing it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so that it is very cold before placing the whipped cream.
- Whip the very cold cream into whipped cream. Add the icing sugar and the mascarpone then whisk again to obtain a smooth and creamy texture.
- Place the whipped cream on the cooled cake using a spatula or tablespoon. Garnish with raspberries (be generous). Finally, sprinkle with a cloud of icing sugar.