Small chocolate treats for the holidays, are you tempted? Those Chocolate truffles without refined sugar you should like it very much! Very easy to make with only 5 ingredients, they will allow you to make homemade gourmet gifts that will have an effect at the foot of the tree ...
No need for specific equipment, this recipe is child's play! It is also a great activity to do with the family while waiting for Santa Claus… It is a perfect recipe for chocolate lovers. I offer you the classic version sprinkled with bitter cocoa and also a version nutty.
Some details on this chocolate truffle recipe
Flavor: here we are on total chocolate, perfect for gourmets! The fine touch of honey adds a delicate note that goes perfectly with the chocolate you will see.
Texture : the truffles are very melting in the mouth. If you make the hazelnut option, it will add a little bit of crunch to the tasting.
Difficulty : very easy to do! No need for a mold, just a saucepan to melt everything.
How to make chocolate truffles ?
The basic principle is to achieve a chocolate ganache, which will be the heart of our truffles. For this, we melt the chocolate into pieces and the liquid cream. We also add butter which will make the ganache more solid and honey for a touch of delicate fragrance.
I used for this recipe from dark chocolate pastry : be sure to choose it of good quality ideally. Honey brings a very pleasant scent on the palate, so should not be omitted! To prevent the taste of honey from being too addictive in the mouth, I use sweet honey type acacia honey, very little is needed.
I advise you to make this ganache the night before, and shape the truffles the next day, while the ganache is well taken. Then, it's time for the modeling of the truffles: using a spoon, take a little ganache that we model in the palm of the hand to make balls.
For the decoration, two options: you can either roll them in bitter cocoa powder or roll them in finely chopped hazelnuts.
How to store these truffles?
Once the truffles are made, I advise you to keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. So you can keep them for about two weeks.
To offer them, you can place them in small kraft bags or small cardboard boxes. A nice gourmet gift for the holidays!
Other recipes to try
If you like to make homemade Christmas treats, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Chestnut cream chocolate tiramisu log
- Vanilla caramel pecan nut log
- Cinnamon Christmas cookies with icing
- Chocolate Christmas cookies with icing
- Chocolate crinkles, the recipe for cracked cupcakes
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful chocolate truffles!
Chocolate Truffles (No Refined Sugar)
- 300 g dark chocolate pastry
- 150 ml full liquid cream
- 3 tbsp of liquid honey (acacia honey or other light-tasting honey)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of bitter cocoa powder
- 200 g chopped hazelnuts (Optional)
- Heat the cream, honey and butter in a saucepan until simmering. Remove from the heat then add the chocolate in pieces. Smooth to obtain a homogeneous consistency. Cool then refrigerate overnight.
- Using a small spoon, take a little ganache and shape small balls in the palm of your hand (quickly because the heat of the hand melts the ganache very quickly!).
- Roll the small balls in the chopped hazelnuts or bitter cocoa and place them on a plate.