An ideal recipe for a birthday: the Princess cake that will amaze children! Inside, 3 levels of vanilla cake, chocolate ganache and vanilla icing (without sugar paste).
It's the birthday cake that I realized for the 2 years of my daughter. She who is such a fan of Disney princesses, the effect was successful: she loved it! This cake also works for all the other princesses: just change the natural dye color that you add to the icing ...
Which mold to make a princess cake?
If you want to make this cake, you will need to bring this princess cake pan. It is oval in shape which takes the shape of a princess dress.
This mold is provided with a pedestal which allows it to stand upright when baking the cake in the oven. It also has a fine fireplace in the middle which distributes the heat, and therefore ensures good cooking.
To decorate the cake, also have a doll bust that you will prick at the top of the cake. You are free to choose the bust that inspires you the most, there are several types.
To dress this bust, I took a real fabric doll dress that I cut at the hips. The effect is therefore very real.
How to make a princess birthday cake?
You can go about it the day before, to avoid any stress. We start by doing the vanilla cake which will bake in the princess mold. To do this, the liquid ingredients are mixed together, then the dry ingredients are incorporated into them.
We pour the dough into the princess cake mold and put it in the oven. It will be necessary to put aluminum foil during cooking to prevent it from browning too much.
Once the cake has cooled, it is cut in 3 in the direction of height. We prepare the chocolate ganache (very easy) and also the vanilla icing.
For assembly we garnish each level of cake with a chocolate ganache layer. Finally we cover all of the outside of the cake with vanilla icing. You can also add decorations using a pastry bag to make pretty frills like in my photos.
Other recipes to try
If you are looking for recipes to prepare for a birthday snack, I can advise you to also see these recipes: the Raspberry coconut layer cake, Easy pink chocolate meringues, Lemon strawberry cupcakes, Vanilla milk chocolate cupcakes, Coconut chocolate rocks.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute princess cakes!
Chocolate Vanilla Princess Cake (Without Sugarpaste)
Vanilla cake base
- 6 eggs
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 1,5 cc natural vanilla extract
- 2 plain yogurts
- 180 ml oil rapeseed type
- 2 sachets baking powder
- 750 g all-purpose flour
- 20 cl heavy whipping cream 30%
- 200 g dark chocolate pastry little bodied
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 20 cl semi thick cream 30% mg
- 110 g icing sugar
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 300 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 250 g mascarpone
- Yellow natural food coloring or other color according to the princess
Vanilla cake base
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- In a bowl, relax whole eggs with a fork. In the bowl of the food processor, beat the eggs, sugar and liquid vanilla until doubled in volume.
- Then add the natural yoghurts, the oil and mix well.
- Finish by incorporating the dry ingredients: baking powder and flour. Mix until a very smooth mixture is obtained.
- Prepare the mold by attaching the base and the inner rod as specified in the mold instructions. Butter and flour it.
- Pour the dough and bake for 1h15. It will be necessary to cover with aluminum foil halfway through cooking to prevent the top from burning. Check that the cake is well cooked by pricking the tip of a knife, which should come out dry.
- Wait until the mold has become cold before unmolding (gently).
- Cut the cake into 3 equal horizontal slices (base-middle-cap). Set aside for later.
- Heat the whole liquid cream. Off the heat, pour over the chopped chocolate and butter. Homogenize everything and let cool until a spreadable consistency is obtained.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the semi-thick whipped cream. Add the icing sugar and liquid vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Philadelphia and mascarpone. Whisk at maximum speed for a few moments, the icing should take on visibly consistency.
- Finish by adding a dash of yellow food coloring. Whisk one last time.
Assembling the princess cake
- Place an 18cm cardboard support on your cake pan (this is optional but it avoids damaging the pan when cutting). Secure it with a little icing.
- Ideally, take a turntable to put under your cake pan, the icing will be easier to achieve.
- Take the 1st slice, fix it on the cardboard support using a knob of icing.
- Cover this slice with a layer of chocolate ganache then place the middle slice. Repeat the operation: layer of ganache then slice from above.
- Then place a thin layer of vanilla icing over the entire surface of the cake thus formed using a spatula. Be careful, this layer must be very thin, you can see the crust of the cake through. This thin layer avoids having cake crumbs in its final icing ...
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then insert the doll bust at the top (previously dressed). NB: protect her dress by wrapping it along the peak of the bust in cling film.
- Cover the entire cake with a generous layer of vanilla icing using a spatula.
- Use a pastry bag with a fluted tip to create the frills at the base of the bust and at the bottom of the dress. Store in the refrigerator until serving.