A simple but very tasty recipe: the Chocolate coconut pie and its almond shortbread. A creamy filling made from coconut milk and grated coconut, topped with a dark chocolate ganache. Very simple and quick to make, it is also very fragrant!
Fancy a simple and gourmet dessert? Then this coconut pie is for you! If like me you love it coconut and chocolate duo, I'm sure you'll love it. In addition, it can be made in advance: this coconut pie is even better the next day...
What ingredients do you need to make this coconut pie?
You must first provide the ingredients for the homemade shortbread : flour, icing sugar, softened butter, ground almonds, egg and salt.
For coconut filling, it is necessary to provide canned coconut milk, whole liquid cream, an egg, grated coconut and brown sugar.
For ganache, you only need 2 ingredients: dark pastry chocolate (not very full-bodied) and whole liquid cream.
NB: the ingredient dosages of my recipe are suitable for a family round pie pan. If you opt for a rectangle format coconut tart like in my photos, you will have to reduce the doses because its capacity is smaller.
How to make this chocolate coconut pie?
We start by preparing the shortbread with almonds, this step can be done in advance. To make it, just mix the dry ingredients together then add the butter while kneading. We finish with the egg then we form a ball which must be refrigerated.
Then we roll out the dough and fill the mold. Dry cooking is done so that the dough is crispy and cooked. The time varies depending on your oven, it's up to you to check the cooking.
To prepare the coconut filling, heat the liquid cream and coconut milk. Apart from whipping the egg and the brown sugar, pouring in the lukewarm mixture then the grated coconut. We pour this filling on the pie shell and then bake again.
For chocolate ganache, it's very simple: heat the cream and pour it over the chocolate cut into pieces. Smooth well then coat the coconut pie with ganache before putting it in the refrigerator. The grated coconut is added before serving.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of gourmet desserts, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog that you might like: the Giant chocolate coconut almond cookie, Hazelnut chocolate cake with creamy ganache, Coconut chocolate creams without egg, Coconut red berry mascarpone tart, Chocolate coconut ice cream.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute pies!
Chocolate Coconut Tart
- 250 g flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 130 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 60 g almond powder
- 1 oeuf
- pinch of salt
- 20 cl coconut milk canned
- 10 cl whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 1 oeuf
- 80 g grated coconut
- 80 g Light brown sugar
- 120 g dark chocolate pastry not strong, about 50-60% cocoa
- 12 cl whole liquid cream 30% mg
- Combine the flour, sugar, ground almonds and salt. Add the soft butter and sand the dough by kneading it (you can put your fingers in it). Finish by adding the egg. Mix well and form a ball, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to cover your buttered floured tart mold (family size). Bake for about 18 minutes depending on your oven. If necessary, add ceramic balls or white beans to prevent it from rising.
- In a saucepan, heat together the liquid cream and coconut milk. Apart from whipping the egg and the brown sugar until the mixture turns white. Pour in the lukewarm liquid and the grated coconut. Pour the resulting cream on the baked pie shell. Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Heat the liquid cream and then pour over the chocolate cut into pieces, then smooth. Place the ganache on the baked pie, smooth and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with grated coconut before serving.