A delicious recipe like a trip to the islands: theCoconut caketopped with its coconut cream frosting! We love its very soft, almost melting texture made from coconut milk, coconut oil and grated coconut. It can be eaten alone or with its minute icingwith coconut cream ...
This coconut cake recipe is very quick to make, just like its frosting made up of only two ingredients. It will appeal to all coconut lovers, and will be remembered not without fluffy texture a banana bread… You can make it on its own, or with its creamy icing depending on the time of tasting (it is also perfect for breakfast).
What ingredients do you need to make this coconut loaf cake?
To make this coconut loaf cake, you need to coconut in many forms : canned coconut milk, grated coconut, coconut oil. You will also need the other ingredients needed to make the cake: flour, baking powder, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt.
For the frosting, only 2 ingredients : coconut cream (90% coconut content) and agave syrup. For the decor, I only used coconut chips.
How to prepare this coconut loaf cake recipe?
We start by making the coconut loaf cake. This is very fast ! Mix the liquid ingredients on one side, the dry ingredients on the other side. Then we incorporate them into the wet mixture, finishing with the grated coconut.
I advise you to do not mix too much, so that the dough rises correctly. Then we pour the dough into the greased mold and put it in the oven. You have to let it cool if you want to add icing.
To make the frosting, it's very simple: we mix the coconut cream and the agave syrup and it's ready! Coconut cream has a very creamy texture, perfect for this kind of decor.
I decided to also add coconut chips: to roast them they are heated in a pan for a few moments. It is necessary to let them cool well before sprinkling them on the icing.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy and gourmet desserts, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Raspberry lemon cake
- Chocolate coconut oil cookies (without butter)
- Chocolate Coconut Muffins
- Fondant peach raspberry tonka cake
- Coconut chocolate rocks
- Coconut mascarpone tart
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty coconut cakes!
Coconut Cake and Coconut Frosting
- 250 ml canned coconut milk
- 90 g Light brown sugar quantity to adapt to your taste
- 55 g coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 200 g flour
- 1,5 cc baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g grated coconut
- 20 cl coconut cream 90% coconut content (Kara brand)
- 2 cc agave syrup quantity to adapt to your taste
- 1 handful of coconut chips in organic store
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat. Grease a cake mold (mine is 27cm).
- In a bowl, whisk the liquid ingredients: coconut milk, brown sugar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla.
- Separately, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Then incorporate into the previous mixture. Finish by adding the grated coconut. Do not over mix the dough, just enough.
- Pour the dough into the mold and bake for about 50 minutes: this varies depending on the oven. Check the cooking with a wooden pick. Leave to cool a little on the rack before unmolding.
- In a hot pan, lightly roast the coconut chips (in a few seconds) then set them aside to cool.
- In a container, mix the coconut cream (only the solid part, do not take the transparent liquid) and the agave syrup. Cover the cold cake with a spatula or tablespoon. Sprinkle with coconut chips then serve.