Enjoying cookies without butter is possible with these Chocolate chip coconut oil cookies ! Quick to prepare, with only 7 ingredients, it would be wrong to go without… We love their large pieces of melting chocolate right out of the oven!
When you don't have butter on hand, it's handy to have a cookie recipe to treat yourself. This is what I offer you with this ultra simple recipe that is always unanimous.
Some details about these chocolate coconut oil cookies
Flavor: we find in this recipe the good taste of chocolate chip cookies! Coconut oil is very slightly noticeable. Brown sugar combined with whole sugar reinforces the indulgence of chocolate.
Texture : they are crispy and chewy. It depends a lot on your cooking and your oven. The more you bake these chocolate coconut oil cookies, the crispier they will be. If you like soft cookies, decrease the baking time.
Difficulty level : ultra-simple! Just be careful not to use hot coconut oil. As usual in baking, it is important to bring the ingredients to room temperature before starting the recipe.
How to make cookies without chocolate butter?
Before starting the recipe, melt the coconut oil in the microwave or bain-marie and let it come back. at room temperature. In a first container, mix the coconut oil, brown sugar and whole cane sugar. Then we add the egg and vanilla.
Apart, in another container, quickly mix the flour, baking soda, salt. Then they are incorporated into the previous mixture. At this stage, we mix just right to homogenize the dough.
Then we crush the chocolate in large pieces using a good knife. For this, you can use pistoles (like me) or a pastry chocolate bar. They are then added to the cookie dough, keeping a little bit of chocolate for the decoration.
Using a tablespoon, take a little dough and place it on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. We space the balls well because they spread out a lot.
After cooking, they are left to cool a little on a baking sheet to strengthen them, then the coconut oil chocolate cookies are placed on a grid until completely cooled. You can also eat them lukewarm still melting!
My tips for successful coconut oil chocolate chip cookies
If the dough seems too liquid to be shaped into balls (it happens, depending on your flour, your oil, etc.), do not hesitate to place it for a few minutes in the fridge.
Before placing the chocolate coconut oil cookies in the oven, I place the pieces of chocolate kept aside on top of each ball, they will be even more beautiful!
To bring out the chocolate taste even more, sprinkle your cookies with Fleur de sel out of the oven, it's a real delight, I assure you.
Other recipes to try
If you like cookies, then you are in luck :) Here are some other recipes from the blog that you will certainly like:
- Tahini chocolate chip cookies
- White chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- Granola-style cookies
- Rustic Caramelized Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Peanut butter and chocolate cookies
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful cookies!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies (Butter Free)
- 70 g melted coconut oil, at room temperature
- 90 g Light brown sugar
- 30 g whole cane sugar
- 1 oeuf
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 140 g wheat or spelled flour
- 0,5 cc baking soda
- 1 big pinch of salt
- 115 g dark chocolate pastry 66% cocoa for me
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 176 ° traditional heat.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla then mix to homogenize.
- In another container, combine the flour, baking soda, salt.
- Then incorporate the dry ingredients into the previous mixture using a fork. Do not over-mix: just the right amount.
- Crush the chocolate into large pieces (keep a few pieces aside for decoration) and add it to the dough. Place 5/10 minutes in the refrigerator if the dough is not firm enough to shape the cookies.
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper. Using a tablespoon, take a little dough and place each ball on the baking sheet, spacing well.
- Place the remaining pieces of chocolate on each ball and bake for about 12-13 minutes: they should be lightly browned.
- Let cool on a baking sheet outside the oven for a few minutes, then on a rack. Sprinkle with fleur de sel before eating.