An elegant and refined dessert that you will love to serve… This Dulcey entremets, crunchy praline & hazelnut ! A delicate Dulcey mousse, accompanied by a layer of crispy praline and a soft hazelnut cookie.
What is the Dulcey?
Le Dulcey is a chocolate created by the French chocolatier Valrhona: a blond chocolate (not white, but blond) with a slightly caramelized and biscuit taste. Its color is moreover rather ocher beige. It is sold in tablet to taste or in pistoles depending on how you want to use it.
I advise you to taste it if you have never done it before: it is really a very greedy flavor.
How to prepare this Dulcey dessert?
Like all desserts, the production is done in several stages. First of all the base, here we realize a hazelnut cookie very soft. Then we prepare a crispy praline that we will come to flow on the biscuit. Lastly we realize the Dulcey moss.
To make this mousse, I incorporated melted Dulcey chocolate into a whipped cream base to create a light effect when tasting. I hope you will like it !
How to make chocolate decorations?
This time, I stayed rather sober in decorations with my chocolate threads and my bitter cocoa sprinkled! But know that anything is possible, do as you wish.
To achieve these chocolate spirals that you see in the photo it's very simple, you need a sheet / strip of rhodoid. If you want a golden glitter effect like me, then take a transfer sheet for chocolate.
You spread the melted chocolate (nothing else) evenly. Then using a pastry comb, you scrape the tape. Then you twist the strip while it is drying. Once dried, all you have to do is peel off the strip easily, the chocolate strands will keep their shape!
Other recipes to try
If you like desserts, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Dessert 3 chocolates
- Raspberry pistachio dessert dome
- Coffee chocolate mascarpone entremets
- Vanilla red berry desserts in gradient
- Bavarian pear chocolate speculoos
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so that I can see your beautiful desserts!
Dulcey Entremets, Crunchy Praline & Hazelnut
- 3 egg whites
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 65 g sifted icing sugar
- 20 g sifted flour
- 70 g hazelnut powder
- 100 g by Pralinoise chocolate department
- 40 g crumbled gavottes
- 40 g praline
- 3 Gelatin sheets 2g each
- 250 g by Dulcey Valrhona
- 130 g of milk
- 270 g full liquid cream
- Dark chocolate + bitter cocoa for the decoration
- Hazelnut biscuit: preheat the oven to 200 ° c traditional heat. Beat the egg whites until stiff with the sugar. Add the icing sugar, flour and hazelnut powder using a spatula (so as not to break the whites).
- Place a 20cm pastry circle on a baking sheet covered with baking paper then fill the circle with dough. Bake for about 18 minutes (the biscuit must be golden and dry to the touch). Decircle once cooled then put back in the circle for the continuation.
- Crunchy gavottes-pralinoise: melt the Pralinoise in the microwave. Add the crumbled gavottes and the praline, mix well then spread over the hazelnut biscuit, filling the edges of the circle well. Pack well and refrigerate to harden.
- Dulcey blond chocolate mousse (*): soak the gelatin leaves in cold water. Melt the Dulcey in the microwave (little by little, do not burn it!). Heat the milk in a saucepan then melt the well-drained gelatin. Pour the milk in three batches over the melted Dulcey, mix well. Whip up a firm whipped cream with the very cold whole liquid cream. When the melted chocolate is lukewarm to the touch, gently incorporate the whipped cream into the melted chocolate, then pour everything into the pastry ring, over the cold crunch. Refrigerate overnight.
- For the decoration, spread melted dark chocolate on a strip of chocolate transfer film, draw lines on the chocolate with a pastry comb, then twist the strips and refrigerate for hardening. Peel off and place on the dessert with sprinkled bitter cocoa.