A very simple little tart to make with few ingredients and little preparation ...
Perfect for a last minute dessert!
Here is the step by step to prepare it:
- For the dough, buy a ready-made shortbread dough (or make it if you have a little more time in front of you!). Spread it with the baking paper on the pie plate. Bake in the oven at 170 ° for 20 minutes (to prevent the dough from swelling, place the dried beans on the bottom of the tart).
- Squeeze the juice of 4 lemons (if you are afraid of acidity, limit to 2-3 lemons) and pour into a saucepan.
- Add 150g of caster sugar and 1 tbsp of cornstarch. Heat over low heat.
- Beat 3 eggs in a separate container then add to the lemon cream.
- Increase the heat, the mixture will thicken very quickly, do not stop whipping until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- Pour the lemon cream on the precooked dough base. Reserve.
- Whip 3 egg whites until stiff. When they start to set, pour in 100g of icing sugar in rain as well as 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Once the consistency is obtained, fill a pastry bag with this mixture (wide round tip).
- Garnish the lemon cream with small domes of meringues by pressing lightly on the bag.
- Place the tart in the oven at 140 ° C for about 10 minutes until the meringue is golden.
Let cool and enjoy!