A sweet and fruity raspberry-based recipe: Raspberry and orange blossom financiers ! Baked in a muffin tin, they are delicious and soft, with their flavor of almonds and orange blossom… Impossible to resist!
The almond financiers… I have always loved eating them. So when I found myself picking raspberries (not knowing what to do with them), I immediately thought of this recipe. The raspberry and almond, a beautiful duo, isn't it?
I chose to cook them in a muffin tin so that they are bigger when tasting (we are greedy or we are not!). I serve them with a touch of honey, flaked almonds and even more fresh raspberries ...
What ingredients to make these raspberry financiers?
You will only need 8 ingredients to make these delicious raspberry financiers!
Butter : for this recipe I use soft butter. No need to have it at room temperature since it will be melted.
Almond powder : this is what will give all its softness to financiers, and its delicate almond taste ...
Light brown sugar : with its little caramelized taste, it is perfect in this recipe. I prefer to use it than icing sugar. Adjust the dose to your personal taste.
flour : wheat or spelled, little is added since almond powder is already added.
Egg whites : at room temperature, they are lightly mixed (no need to beat them to snow).
Orange Blossom : here we use orange blossom aroma. They are easily found in the pastry department. It goes very well with raspberries. But if you don't want to use it, you can remove it from the recipe.
Raspberries : nice fresh raspberries is ideal.
Salt : a small pinch, to enhance the aromas of the recipe.
Optionally, you can add flaked almonds like in my photos.
How to make raspberry and orange blossom financiers?
First step in the realization of these raspberry financiers, the peanut butter. To make it, we melt the butter in a saucepan until it turns a light color. We skim the foam formed and set aside.
In a container, mix the flour, ground almonds and sugar. Then we add the whites relaxed with a fork. Finally, incorporate the orange blossom, salt and brown butter. We place 1 hour in the refrigerator : it is important for cooking. This helps to solidify the dough a little.
We butter the imprints of a muffin tin then we add 2 raspberries in each imprint. We pour the dough until 3/4 then insert 2 to 3 raspberries before baking. Simply let cool on a grill and then unmold. You can then sprinkle with slivered almonds or even more raspberries ...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy and fruity treats, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: the Blondie raspberry white chocolate, Raspberry mascarpone tart on Breton palet, Fondant peach raspberry tonka cake, Lemon raspberry whipped cream cake, Strawberry rhubarb tart crumble style, Strawberry peach ricotta cake.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty raspberry financiers!
Raspberry & Orange Blossom Financiers
- 270 g Soft butter
- 180 g almond powder
- 190 g Brown sugar brown sugar
- 90 g flour
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom flavor optional
- 1 pinch of salt
- About 450g of fresh raspberries
- + decoration: honey slivered almonds, raspberries ...
- Start by making the brown butter: in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. When it begins to take on a slightly brown (nutty) color, while bubbling, remove from heat and pour into a container for cooling. Then filter it to remove the residue. It is ready to be used.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° traditional heat.
- In a bowl, relax the egg whites without whipping them.
- In another bowl, combine the ground almonds, sugar and sifted flour. Gradually add the whites while mixing.
- Then add the orange blossom, a pinch of salt, and the brown butter. Mix well and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour so that the dough is less liquid (the butter will solidify).
- Butter the indentations of a muffin tin (x12), place 2 raspberries in each indentation then pour the dough until about 3/4. Lightly insert 3 raspberries on each one then bake for 28/30 minutes (cooking to be checked according to your oven with a wooden pick).
- Let cool on the rack and unmold. Decorate with slivered almonds and fresh raspberries, a little honey ...