An ideal recipe to enjoy seasonal cherry tomatoes: the Fresh goat cheese and basil tart ! With its homemade shortcrust pastry, tasty filling, it is an ideal meal for lunch or dinner.
Nothing like a savory pie for a easy and quick meal to prepare. It can also be served with a green salad to add even more freshness. There are only simple ingredients in this tomato goat pie, and its realization does not require any special equipment.
What are the necessary ingredients for this goat's cheese tomato pie?
For the base, I opted for a homemade shortcrust pastry. Inside we find: flour, butter, an egg yolk, salt and a little cold water. That's all ! You can also double the quantities if you wish and freeze half of it for a next pie.
For the garnish, the key element are the Cherry tomatoes ! I chose cherry tomatoes and not simple tomatoes because, as they are left whole in cooking, they do not soak the dough. The result in texture is even better.
With cherry tomatoes, we also find fresh goat cheese, basil leaves, eggs, cream, salt and pepper. The fresh goat cheese goes wonderfully with the taste of the tomato without being too present. The freshly cut basil perfectly reveals the flavor of the tomato.
How to make this tomato goat cheese pie?
We start with prepare the shortcrust pastry. To do this, you sand the flour, butter and salt with your fingers. Add the egg and water and then form a ball which is refrigerated for 30 minutes so that it is easier to work afterwards.
The dough is rolled out on a floured work surface and then placed in a family-size pie mold lined with baking paper.
We then prepare the goat cheese tomato garnish. To do this, mix the eggs, the fresh goat cheese and the cream in a bowl. Then add the basil and season. We pour everything into the pie pan, on the dough. Just before putting the cherry tomatoes in the oven.
Before serving, you can add fresh basil, it's so good!
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy-to-prepare dishes, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: the Thin zucchini goat pie, Tomato mozza di buffala bruschetta, Green asparagus ricotta toast, Baked Sweet Potatoes Spicy Chickpeas Kale Cabbage, Honey roasted pumpkin risotto.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute pies!
Tomato and Fresh Goat Cheese Tart and Basil
- 250 g flour
- 125 g softened butter
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cold water between 30g and 50g
- 2 bunches of cherry tomatoes
- 200 g fresh goat
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp basil leaves
- 20 cl whole cream
- 1 cs olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Make the shortcrust pastry: sand with your fingers the flour, the softened butter cut into pieces, the salt. Make a well and add the egg yolk and water (little by little). Form a ball of dough, wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs, the crumbled fresh goat cheese, the whipping cream.
- Then add the chopped basil, olive oil, salt / pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- Spread the shortcrust pastry out on a floured work surface, and place in a buttered family pie dish. Seal the edges of the dough with a fork.
- Pour the filling and arrange the cherry tomatoes. Bake for about 35/40 minutes, watch.