Hello 2018! Barely out of the extended meals at the end of the year, we have already arrived at the time of the galette des rois ... Even if we tend to put ourselves in detox mode after the holidays (well in my case but I must not be the only one…) I nevertheless took pleasure in making these galettes des rois in frangipane-speculoos lollipops. I like the galette des rois, but less the traditional side that surrounds it. Giving them the shape of a lollipop and flavoring the frangipane with speculoos paste seemed to me a rather nice option!
Of course, it is possible to make a large galette des rois with this recipe - it's up to you to decide what you prefer (plan more in quantity of garnish). For the puff pastry, I was in a hurry by buying them in the store - but they will only be better if you make the dough yourself (puff pastry technique to be implemented).
Before I forget, I take this recipe to wish you a happy new year 2018 - may it bring all your projects (even the craziest) to life.
Galettes des rois in frangipane-speculoos lollipops
- 2 puff pastry
- 50 g powdered almonds
- 50 g Granulated sugar
- 50 g soft butter ointment
- 2,5 cs speculoos paste
- 1/2 egg beaten with a fork
- + 1 yellow for the gilding
- Beat butter and sugar until mixture turns white.
- Add the ground almonds, the egg and the speculoos paste and mix well.
- Spread the puff pastry on the work surface and cut circles with a cookie cutter (7,5cm in diameter for me).
- Place a teaspoon of preparation on half of the circles, place a stick and wet the rim with water before closing by placing a circle of dough on top. Seal the contours well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- Draw with the tip of a knife the desired patterns on each mini cake and brown with a brush with the egg yolk. Pierce the pancakes with a few holes to promote the release of steam during cooking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (to be watched).
- Let cool and enjoy.
[ Equipment used ]