An ultra delicious dessert but without butter: the Chocolate mascarpone cake ! Melt-in-the-mouth and very tasty, it can be prepared in just a few minutes with simple ingredients. A recipe that will delight all chocolate fans!
What you will like with this chocolate mascarpone cake
- flavors : a delicious chocolate taste! It is not too strong in cocoa and is suitable for everyone.
- texture : both firm on the outside, like a flan, and soft on the inside. The texture varies depending on the temperature at which it is tasted.
- difficulty level : very easy ! This chocolate mascarpone cake can be prepared quickly, without complicated equipment. It is cooked in a round springform mold which is very practical for unmolding.
- chocolate : I use dark pastry chocolate with 52% cocoa, so that the result is not too intense in taste. If you opt for stronger chocolate, be sure to increase the dose of sugar to achieve balance.
- mascarpone : it replaces butter in this chocolate mascarpone cake. Less fatty, but just as delicious!
- sucre : I mix classic white sugar and brown sugar for a melting texture inside. The brown sugar adds an extra flavor, which combines wonderfully with the chocolate.
- eggs : take medium-sized eggs (around 50g each)
- all-purpose flour : you will see in the list of ingredients, I add little (and no yeast) but this is voluntary in order to keep the melting effect created by the eggs.
How to make a chocolate mascarpone cake?
- We do to melt chocolate
- On relaxes mascarpone
- On mixed chocolate & mascarpone
- On whipped eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla
- On adds the chocolate mixture
- On incorporates flour
- On bake !
NB: the complete list of ingredients and the detailed recipe are given at the bottom of the page.
My tips for making your chocolate mascarpone cake a success
- bring your eggs to room temperature : if they come out of the refrigerator, put them in a bowl with hot water for 10 minutes. Eggs at room temperature, rather than cold, are easier to beat, and give a better texture to your cakes.
- do not over-whisk the dough once the flour is added : this allows you to optimize the texture of your cake (and this applies to all cakes).
- avoid overcooking this chocolate mascarpone cake : if you want a semi-cooked result like in my photos, the center of the cake must be jiggly, like a flan coming out of the oven.
How to store chocolate mascarpone cake?
To keep the ultra melting effect of this chocolate mascarpone cake, you can keep it at room temperature 1 day (if it is not eaten by then!). For a slightly denser result, but also easier to cut, I advise you to keep it in an airtight container. in the fridge up to 3 days.
Other recipes to try
If you like chocolate recipes, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Zucchini chocolate cake + ganache
- Chocolate soufflé
- Royal Chocolate
- Very moist marble cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate cupcakes
If you make this chocolate mascarpone cake, don't hesitate to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful cakes!
Chocolate Mascarpone Fondant Cake
- 200 g dark chocolate pastry 52% cocoa
- 250 g mascarpone
- 4 medium eggs at room temperature
- 35 g granulated sugar
- 20 g light brown sugar
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 35 g all-purpose flour
- Bitter cocoa for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 150° traditional heat. Grease a 20cm round springform mold and line the base with baking paper.
- Cut the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bain-marie or microwave.
- In a container, relax the mascarpone with a whisk/beater.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mascarpone then whisk to combine.
- In another container, beat the eggs with the two sugars, the salt and the vanilla until you obtain a pale and foamy mixture (approximately 4 min.). Using a mixer is easier.
- Incorporate the chocolate/mascarpone mixture then beat again.
- Finish by adding the sifted flour. Mix just enough to no longer see the flour, nothing more.
- Pour the batter into the mold. Bake for 25-28 minutes (this varies depending on the oven). The center must remain trembling to have a melting texture when tasting. Sprinkle with bitter cocoa before enjoying.