A 100% chocolate gourmet recipe: the Vegan chocolate cake and vegan ganache. A basic pastry revisited in a version without milk, cream or eggs, but just as delicious!
A clever recipe that allows you to replace ingredients that we are used to incorporating in a cake with other ingredients, not derived from animals.
Personally, I am not vegan. However I totally respect those who practice this diet. So, why not try a different dessert that is a bit off the beaten track?
What ingredients are needed for this vegan chocolate cake?
In this recipe, cow's milk has been replaced by a vegetable milk (almond milk for me). To make it become "buttermilk" or fermented milk, simply add a small dose of vinegar.
The eggs, which provide the soft texture to the cake, are replaced here by apple sauce. This allows you to recreate the effects.
The butter is replaced by thecoconut oil (or rapeseed). Which brings even more softness ...
The liquid cream for the ganache has been replaced here by semi-thick soy cream. It is easily found in the organic department now. I was amazed by the texture of the ganache ...
How to make a vegan chocolate cake?
To realize the cake, we start by preparing the fermented milk by mixing vegetable milk and lemon (or vinegar) to let it rest a little.
Then the liquid ingredients are mixed on one side. Then the dry ingredients on the other. Finally, they are incorporated into the liquid ingredients, alternating with the milk. This is simple and fast !
For vegan ganache, all you have to do is heat the cream and then pour it over the chocolate cut into pieces. It is then left to cool. It is ready as soon as it has a spreadable consistency.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of vegan or gluten-free desserts, then I can advise you to take a look at these recipes: chocolate-coconut dessert creams, Gluten-free chocolate cake, Gluten free lactose free cookies, Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes, White chocolate blueberries eskimos,
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cakes!
Vegan Chocolate Cake & Vegan Ganache
- 335 ml almond milk or other vegetable milk
- 1,5 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 215 g apple sauce
- 112 ml coconut or rapeseed oil
- 1,5 cc natural vanilla extract
- 225 g flour
- 180 g brown sugar
- 60 g bitter cocoa powder
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 0,5 cc baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 170 g dark chocolate pastry
- 170 g semi-thick soy cream organic department
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat. Butter and flour a mold 20 cm in diameter.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and vinegar and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the liquid ingredients: compote, coconut oil (melted), vanilla to have a rather frothy mixture.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients, alternating with the milk. The dough obtained must be homogeneous without lumps.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, check doneness with a wooden pick. Let cool, unmold and let cool completely.
- For the ganache, heat the cream in a saucepan then pour over the chocolate cut into pieces. smooth with a spatula and let cool until a spreadable consistency is obtained.
- Decorate the cake with ganache using a spatula. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.