A recipe full of delicacies: the Giant chocolate cookie to share ! The XXL version of a cookie, with a crunchy and melting texture as we like ...
Cookies are already known, but have you ever tested the giant cookie? So big that it can be enjoyed together! This is what I offer you in this recipe. I chose to associate with it chocolate, almonds and coconut because I particularly love these flavors.
What I like best about cookies in general is when they are still a little half-baked, fondants in the heart (although they always end up hardening a bit over time). This giant Cookie, I deliberately cooked it a little to keep this smoothness in the mouth ...
How to make a giant cookie?
To make this recipe, you will need either a small cast iron pan (baking) like me or a small baking dish. We want a result that is thick enough so that it melts well on the inside.
To make this giant cookie, mix the sugar and coconut oil together, then add the other ingredients. In cookies, I like to find large pieces of chocolate, here too this is the case! So we roughly crush chocolate and almonds to bring a little crunch.
We pour this cookie dough into the buttered dish. At this stage we can add chocolate chips as a decoration as well as coconut shavings. Then we bake!
Tips for making this XXL cookie perfectly
I advise you to put your ingredients in ambient temperature before starting the recipe, to have an optimal texture.
Don't overwork the dough: just enough.
Press the dough firmly into the dish you have chosen, to expel any air bubbles.
Instead of using dark chocolate, go for white chocolate or milk chocolate, it works too!
You can replace coconut oil with the same amount of soft butter.
You can replace the almonds with other nuts or hazelnuts, or even remove them completely.
Other recipes to try
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your giant cookies!
Giant Chocolate, Almond, Coconut Cookie
- 1 oeuf
- 50 g whole cane sugar
- 55 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp liquid vanilla extract
- 95 g almond powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 this salt
- 40 g Almonds
- 60 g dark chocolate pastry
- 20 g coconut shavings
- + vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat.
- Prepare a cast iron pan or oven dish by greasing it (with butter or coconut oil).
- In a bowl, beat the whole sugar and coconut oil to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Incorporate the egg and vanilla extract then the dry ingredients (almond powder, baking soda, salt).
- Roughly chop the almonds and chocolate. Then pour everything into the cookie dough, adding the coconut shavings.
- Place the dough in the cast iron pan, pressing down so as not to leave an air pocket.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes: the duration depends on the desired result (fondant or more cooked). It must be nicely golden.
- Let cool on a grill - enjoy it cold or warm, with or without a scoop of vanilla ice cream (personally, I recommend it!)