A recipe from Granola cookies which can be enjoyed for afternoon tea or for breakfast ... Rather tempting, no? In any case, that's the idea of this recipe! Inside these delicious granola cookies: oatmeal, almonds, a little grated coconut ... And a nice dose of chocolate topping for pure indulgence ...
This recipe was born from a discussion with Maud (Baroudeuse Culinaire on Instagram) who offered to make a live recipe for our respective subscribers, during this period of confinement. Watchword: simple, healthy and delicious. I have to say, these Granola Cookies tick all the boxes!
Very simple to do - it will really take you a few minutes. That's what we like most when making cookies, isn't it? There is no need for a rest period before cooking, which is really great. The chocolate topping is optional but I find it just makes them irresistible!
Don't hesitate to give it a go, it's also a great recipe to make with the family. If you are making the recipe, do not hesitate to tag me on Instagram so I can see your little cookies;)
If you like cookies then I bet you will like the recipe for Rustic Caramelized Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies !
Granola Cookies, The Quick Recipe
- 85 g oatmeal
- 85 g Spelt flour or wheat
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 this salt
- 50 g finely grated coconut
- 80 g melted and lukewarm coconut oil
- 1 oeuf
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 g whole cane sugar
- 35 g crushed almonds
- 40 g dark chocolate pastry full bodied or not
- 35 g whole liquid cream or vegetable cream
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a container: oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, grated coconut, crushed almonds (keep a little bit to decorate the top of each cookie before baking).
- Then apart in another container, mix the egg, coconut oil, vanilla, sugar. Add the dry ingredients and mix just enough.
- Make balls with your hands (it sticks a bit, that's normal - you can also use a small ice cream scoop) and place them on a baking sheet, spacing them apart. Press lightly on the balls if you want cookies that are a little flat (+ dry), if you prefer thicker cookies (+ soft) leave as is.
- Bake for about 9/10 minutes (to be monitored depending on your oven). Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and let cool before handling (they are still soft).
- Melt chocolate pieces and cream together in the microwave or in a small saucepan. Using a small spoon, make chocolate zigzags on the cookies.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel before eating.
* if you want a more chocolatey taste in the cookies, you can add chocolate chips directly to the dough, or add even more chocolate topping;)