A simple recipe to make and very tasty: the Hazelnut cake with creamy chocolate ganache ! A very soft cake made from mashed hazelnuts, topped with a creamy dark chocolate ganache… I even added a few crushed hazelnuts. So, you like it ?
The hazelnut and chocolate duo no longer have to prove itself! We have loved it for a long time. here, I offer it to you in the form of a cake to prepare for dessert or afternoon tea. I added the ganache on the hazelnut cake with a pastry bag, but know that you can absolutely do without, just with a tablespoon or a spatula.
What ingredients do you need to make this hazelnut chocolate cake?
For the cake you will only need 7 ingredients:
Hazelnut puree : it is she who brings its delicious nutty taste to the cake! It is easily found in organic stores now, a small jar is enough for this recipe. Sometimes it becomes bi-phase (the hazelnut oil separates from the solid part), in this case mix the contents of the jar well before using it.
Flour / yeast : you can use wheat or spelled (like me), yeast is added to it for swelling.
Butter : I use soft butter as usual. We want it at room temperature, that is to say softened.
Light brown sugar : to avoid the white sugar, I used brown sugar, which brings its little caramel taste that we all love.
Eggs : you will need 4, normal size.
vanilla : it is a flavor enhancer for this recipe.
For the chocolate ganache, 3 ingredients will suffice: dark pastry chocolate (55% cocoa for me, that is to say light-bodied), liquid cream and soft butter.
How to make this hazelnut chocolate cake?
We start the recipe by making the hazelnut cake. It's very simple: you beat the butter and the sugar then add the eggs one by one. You have to mix just what you need. Then add the vanilla and the hazelnut puree. We finish with the dry ingredients. The dough is then poured into a buttered and floured mold and then placed in the oven.
The cake must be well cooled before decorating it with ganache (otherwise it will melt).
To make the ganache, it is very simple also. We heat the cream and then pour it over the chocolate and butter cut into pieces. All you have to do is let it cool (or put in the fridge to go faster).
Be careful, however, if you place the ganache in the fridge for too long, it will be too hard, and therefore not suitable for a pastry bag. Watch carefully!
For the decoration, I used a pastry bag fitted with a 2D splined tip. Just draw circles all over the cake. You can then sprinkle with hazelnuts, the cake is ready!
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of hazelnut desserts, I can also recommend these other recipes from the blog: Hazelnut chocolate rolls, Hazelnut chocolate madeleines, Chocolate hazelnut cake, Roasted hazelnut chocolate babka.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cakes!
Hazelnut Chocolate Cake (Creamy Ganache)
- 80 g hazelnut puree
- 150 g wheat or spelled flour
- 1 cc baking powder
- 180 g softened butter
- 120 g Light brown sugar quantity to adapt according to your taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
Dark chocolate ganache
- 20 cl whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 150 g dark chocolate pastry 55% cocoa for me
- 60 g Soft butter
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° traditional heat.
- In a food processor, beat the butter so that it becomes foamy then add the sugar, continue to beat to obtain a light consistency. Add the eggs one by one, without mixing too much, then the vanilla and the hazelnut purée (previously relaxed if necessary).
- Finish with the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder. Pour into a buttered / floured 20cm diameter mold and bake for about 35/40 minutes (check that it is cooked correctly with a wooden pick). Let cool on a rack before unmolding.
- Place the chocolate cut into pieces and the diced butter in a container.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan. When boiling, stop cooking and pour over the chocolate. Cover on contact (with cling film). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to speed up the ganache setting.
- Once the ganache has a firm texture (firm spread), fill a pastry bag with a fluted tip with this ganache.
- Turn the cake over so that it is flat (if necessary, slightly cut the dome if it has formed). You can also keep the dome and decorate it right side up! Make small decorations using the pastry bag or coat with a tablespoon. Sprinkle with hazelnuts cut in half and crushed hazelnuts.