If you like fluffy pancakes, I'm sure this recipe from healthy banana pancakes will please you! Ideal for breakfast and brunch, easy and quick to prepare, with a delicious banana taste. You can even go without sugar completely for this recipe. So, would you like to know more?
Pancakes, I'm a fan. I love this kind of delicious recipes for breakfast (and not just on weekends for that matter). When I have time, I make a large batch of pancakes, like these banana pancakes, which I freeze for those rushed mornings on weekdays. It's so motivating to get up when you know that delicious pancakes are waiting for you, all you have to do is heat them up ...
What ingredients are needed for these healthy banana pancakes?
Bananas: the most important of this recipe! You need very ripe bananas, they will be naturally sweet, which avoids adding sugar in the recipe.
Flour, yeast, salt: this helps to give the pancakes hold.
Eggs: here they bring all the sweetness to the preparation.
Coconut oil : with its sweet scent, it goes very well with bananas. It also brings softness to pancakes.
Milk: i used almond milk, but any type of plant milk or cow's milk works.
Vanilla : it is a flavor enhancer for this recipe (remains optional if you do not want to use it).
Sugar option: if your bananas aren't sweet enough or if you absolutely want to add sugar to the inside of the pancake dough (which I didn't). Go for a touch of maple syrup in the batter, which is an unrefined sugar.
A tip for making bananas ripen faster
If your bananas are not ripe enough for your banana pancakes (and the same goes for all other banana recipes like banana breads), you can bake them to make them ripen! It works with yellow bananas - when they're still green, it doesn't work as well.
Preheat the oven to 150 ° traditional heat, and place your bananas on a baking sheet (whole with their skin) for 30 minutes. Do not be afraid, they will turn all black! Inside it feels like an oven. When then they cool down, you open the bananas and they become very soft and fragrant.
How to make this banana pancakes recipe?
This banana pancake recipe is really quick and easy to prepare. Just crush the bananas and mix them with eggs, coconut oil, vanilla. On the other hand, mix the dry ingredients and then gradually incorporate them into the banana mixture, alternating with the milk.
It is not necessary not over-mix the dough, just enough. For cooking, you need a hot pan, coated with a little coconut oil, on which you place a small ladle of dough. We turn the banana pancake as soon as we see small bubbles appear. The pile is done quickly!
How to serve these healthy banana pancakes?
To serve these banana pancakes, you can opt for a touch of Maple syrup or honey for example. If you want to stay "no added sugar", you can simply add a spoon of cottage cheese or yogurt with fresh fruits and nuts. I really like to coat them with an oilseed puree such as almond puree or peanut butter, it's so good. Take what makes you happy!
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy breakfast recipes, I advise you to take a look at these other blog posts that you might like:
- Very moist American pancakes
- Hazelnut chocolate babka
- Banana bread chocolate peanut butter
- Kanelbullar Swedish cinnamon buns
- Light Brussels waffles
- Strawberry mango pineapple smoothie
- No-Bake Overnight Porridge
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute pancakes!
Healthy Banana Pancakes, No Refined Sugar
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 2 cc baking powder
- 0,25 cc salt
- 3 medium-sized, very ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 165 ml cow's milk or vegetable milk
- 3 cs cooled melted coconut oil
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract optional
- Maple syrup
- Decor: pecan nuts, banana slices etc ...
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Stir in the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla (optional).
- In another container, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Incorporate these dry ingredients in two batches into the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Do not "over-mix" between each addition, mix just enough. If at this stage, the dough seems too thick, do not hesitate to add a little milk.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and place a thin layer of coconut oil with absorbent paper (as for making pancakes). Using a ladle (mine is 80ml), place a round of dough in the center of the hot pan. As soon as bubbles appear or the edges start to cook, turn the pancake over and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Repeat until you have finished the dough.
- Serve warm with fruits, nuts, yogurt, maple syrup or any other garnish of your choice!