An ultra simple recipe with 3 ingredients: Bounty House ! A very creamy coconut heart surrounded by a tasty chocolate coating. Gourmet and comforting bars that are very easy to prepare at home.
What You'll Love About This Homemade Bounty Recipe
- flavors : the combination of coconut and dark chocolate…
- Texture : with each bite you can feel the crunchy chocolate exterior and the melting coconut heart.
- Difficulty level : homemade bounty is very simple to prepare, you just need to allow a little time for freezing in addition to the time for making the recipe.
Details on the 3 ingredients of the recipe
- Grated coconut : it brings the coconut flavor to homemade bounty. I advise you to use finely grated coconut (the one that is easily found in stores).
- Sweetened condensed milk : it will bring the binder inside and allow to create a creamy and finely sweetened texture.
- Dark chocolate pastry 52% cocoa : it is used to coat homemade bounty. I use dark chocolate to have a less sweet side in the final result. However, if you want to look more like the original sold in stores, you will have to use milk chocolate (as a complete replacement or 50/50 with dark chocolate).
How to make homemade bounty?
- We mix the grated coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- We mash this mixture in a square pan, then put in the freezer.
- On cut the rectangles of coconut, we round them like the real bounty then we put them back in the freezer.
- We do melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- We completely dip each coconut bar in the chocolate using a fork.
- We decorate with 3 small lines then put in the refrigerator to harden.
NB: the detailed recipe with the quantities of ingredients is given to you at the bottom of this page.
My tips for successful homemade bounty
- to easily handle the coconut bars before coating: respect the two cooling times in the freezer.
- to allow a good coating, the chocolate should be very smooth. If necessary, reheat it after making half of the homemade bounty.
- to look the same as the real bounty on top, use the tip of a spatula and make 3 successive strokes.
How to keep your house bounty?
As the coating is chocolate, I strongly advise you to keep them in the fridge. This will prevent them from melting. They can keep cool about 4-5 days in an airtight container.
Other recipes to try
If you like coconut recipes, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Coconut chocolate rocks
- Chocolate coconut tart
- Caribbean coconut flan with caramel
- Giant chocolate coconut almond cookie
- Chocolate chip coconut muffins
If you prepare these homemade bounty, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your accomplishments!
Homemade Bounty (3 Ingredients Only)
Delicious coconut and chocolate bites to savor! Very easy to prepare with only 3 ingredients.
Quantity: 24 bars
- 397 g sweetened condensed milk
- 220 g grated coconut
- 380 g 52% cocoa dark chocolate or mix with pastry milk chocolate
- In a container, mix the grated coconut and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread this mixture in a 20cm square mold lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut out 24 coconut rectangles. Round their angles by hand and flatten them if necessary with the blade of a large knife to give them a nice shape. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie until it has a smooth consistency.
- Using one or two forks, take each coconut bar and dip it into the container of chocolate, turn it over to cover it completely, drain it and remove the excess on the rim. Then place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Without waiting, make 3 marks on the top using the tip of a spatula, to make like the real bounty.
- Leave to dry then put in the refrigerator until completely hardened.
Can be stored easily for 4/5 days in an airtight container, preferably in the refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see the result :)
I'll steal the recipe from you! : P It looks sooo good!
Ouhouhh, that looks great !!! Too much desire to try soon!
LadyMilonguera @ A fun siphon ...
Super nice these little Bounty ...
To try absolutely !! I note in my todo list;)
And here I am! Only a few more hours at the frio and we will be able to feast! Thank you again for the recipe which is super simple and quick!
Valérie / Raspberries and bergamot
I like these little chocolate-coconut bars!
Homemade in addition, it is without a doubt, better ...
Staggering, it makes me devilishly want!
It is so good ! And so fast ^^ That it should make those in the business blush :) Kisses to you
I'm melting, it looks delicious to me.
Remarkable! As perfect as in commerce, but here, we know what's inside! Well done my dear Lilie! kisses X
Well done, the chocolate is perfectly smooth. I am jealous: D
I really like that!
A true delight! They are perfect!
Super beautiful and super tempting your recipe! It makes you want to run and buy the ingredients right away, especially with the simplicity of the ingredients.
Thank you for the recipe and see you soon
my lovely cakes
I just nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award !!! See you soon
I made this recipe for the inter-club meeting of my 10-year-old daughter ……
and there FRANC success of Choco-coco !!!
Young and old loved it. Everyone was won over by the "homemade"
All the mothers left with the recipe !!!
It's an easy and quick recipe to make with your child !! And really cheap.
Thank you very much for this gourmet moment !!!!
Thank you very much Lydie! Delighted that everyone succumbed to the Choco-Coco Mini-Bars! @ soon.
Roooo the killing, I was looking for the recipe in addition! Thank you :)
well, I confirm that it's super simple to make and it's 1000 times better than the originals.
everyone to love.
I made with 50/50 for the couverture chocolate and shaped into little balls so I could take one bite.
to be redone quickly.
Thank you Franck for your feedback on the bounty! Once you know the recipe, you no longer need to buy it, you're right :) See you soon