Ce Home made granola-bars with chocolate and dried fruits is quick and very easy to make: perfect for breakfast or brunch. Healthy ingredients for a very gourmet result... To be enjoyed with cottage cheese, milk or straight from the jar for those in a hurry!
What you'll love about this homemade granola recipe
- flavors : rolled oats with a good taste of vanilla and maple syrup. A touch of chocolate, and dried fruits (almonds, pecans, cranberries) which combine very well.
- Texture : it's a slightly crunchy homemade granola. Chocolate pieces and dried fruits also add crunch.
- Difficulty level : Very easy ! No equipment needed, a baking sheet is enough. You will get a large jar of granola with this recipe (about 1,25L).
The choice of ingredients
- oatmeal : choose whole flakes (complete), with or without gluten.
- Dried fruit : for this homemade granola, I chose almonds, pecans and cranberries but other dried fruits are also possible (see “variations” below)
- chocolate : I take dark pastry chocolate with 52% cocoa that I coarsely chop. You can also take chocolate chips, it's even easier.
- Maple syrup : it is the sweetener of this recipe, it is liquid to coat the oatmeal well.
- coconut oil : it is melted so that it coats the ingredients, it ensures the cooking of this healthy homemade granola.
How to make homemade chocolate granola with dried fruit?
- we ax almonds and chocolate.
- we blend all the ingredients in a large container (except cranberries and chocolate which will be added after cooking).
- we spread on a baking sheet and put the homemade granola in the oven!
- let it cool down before adding the chocolate and cranberries then pour into an airtight jar. It's ready !
NB: the detailed recipe is at the bottom of this page.
My tips for making this recipe a success
- coat each oatmeal well : This helps to ensure a uniform taste. I use a wooden spoon, it's very practical.
- halfway through cooking, mix the homemade granola : in this way, you will be sure that the granola is cooked evenly. The end result should be lightly golden.
- do not touch the granola once out of the oven : on cooling, the oat flakes harden slightly thanks to the maple syrup/coconut oil coating, and you get pieces of slightly crispy granola. What I personally prefer!
Possible variations for this healthy homemade granola
- Dried fruit : instead of almonds and pecans, you can opt for hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds…
- cranberries : if you don't like it, you can replace it with raisins or coconut flakes or crisps.
- coconut oil : to replace it, you can take for example rapeseed oil.
Other recipes to try
If you are looking for gourmet ideas for breakfast, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Home made Nutella
- Crispy and fluffy Liège waffle
- Banana bread chocolate peanut butter
- Healthy banana pancakes without refined sugar
- Easy no-bake energy balls
If you make this homemade granola, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful granolas!
Homemade Chocolate Almond Pecan Granola
- 320 g whole oat flakes with or without gluten
- 70 g Almonds
- 50 g pecan nuts or other nuts, hazelnuts, seeds…
- 40 g dried cranberries or raisins
- 85 g dark pastry chocolate to chop or chocolate chips
- 80 g Maple syrup or honey
- 80 g melted coconut oil or other oil
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170° traditional heat. Prepare a baking sheet by adding a sheet of parchment paper.
- Chop the almonds in half (lengthwise or widthwise as you prefer), also chop the chocolate into pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, almonds, pecans, pinch of salt with a spoon.
- Then add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix everything with a spoon, making sure to coat each oatmeal well.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, stir the flakes to ensure even cooking. Then press down with the back of a spoon (for a crispier granola). Put back in the oven for about 10/12 minutes. The granola is ready when lightly browned.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and leave to cool completely (about 1 hour) without touching the flakes. Once cooled, break the granola pieces by hand to keep them crispy. Add dried cranberries, chopped chocolate.
- Pour into a large airtight jar (about 1,25L). Store at room temperature, away from heat, for up to 2 weeks.