A recipe for gourmets, the recipe for Homemade donuts very soft! To decorate with dark or white chocolate, or simply sprinkled with icing sugar, they are totally customizable.
Who hasn't dreamed of tasting the donuts that we often see in American TV series? It is quite possible to make them at home with this super easy donut recipe. They are extra soft and well puffed...
What ingredients for this donut recipe?
These are the classic ingredients of a brioche dough : milk, butter, sugar, salt, flour, baker's yeast, vanilla, eggs. I advise you to place the ingredients at ambient temperature at least 30 minutes before starting the recipe. This optimizes the end result.
You also needhuile de friture, since this is how donuts are cooked "on the spot".
As for the decor of the donuts, you can plan white chocolate or dark chocolate pastry. Also prepare small sugar decorations such as: chocolate sprinkles, sugar confetti, or praline pieces that you place on the chocolate of the donuts.
How to make homemade donuts?
Once the dough is kneaded, it is left to rise for 1 hour 30 minutes so that it doubles in volume. Then, we lower this dough on the work surface and we use a donut cookie cutter. The shapes are thus cut very easily.
At this stage we let stand again for 30 minutes and we can fry our donuts! They are placed one by one in a pan with frying oil to sear them approximately 1 minutes each one then drained well.
It's up to you to treat yourself to the decorations: dip them in melted white chocolate, melted dark chocolate. Add chocolate sprinkles or praline pieces for example!
They can also be enjoyed very well plain, or just sprinkled with icing sugar ...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of delicacies, I also advise you to take a look at these recipes from the blog: Hazelnut chocolate rolls, Very moist chocolate muffins, Soft chocolate brownie, Coconut chocolate rocks, Light Brussels waffles.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute donuts!
Homemade Donuts, The Soft Recipe
- 240 ml Milk
- 50 g Soft butter
- 1 cs baker's yeast (the one for the brioches)
- 65 g Granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 0,5 cc natural vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 500 g flour
- 1 liter cooking oil
- Dark chocolate pastry
- White chocolate pastry
- Decorations: praline, chocolate sprinkles etc.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, melt the soft butter. Let cool.
- Once the milk has cooled, pour it into a container and add the baker's yeast, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, whole eggs, and the flour in several batches.
- At this stage we abandon the whisk to take the dough with the hands! This dough should be kneaded for about 5 minutes. Do not hesitate to add more flour if it is too sticky.
- Let the dough rest (and rise!) In its container, covered with a cloth for 1h30 (ideally in a warm place). It must double in size.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to a height of 1cm using a rolling pin.
- Use the donut cookie cutter (link to my material at the bottom of the article) to form the 15 donuts. Cover with a tea towel and let stand for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Prepare a saucepan / sauté pan with the cooking oil. Heat over medium heat (the oil must not be too hot, otherwise your donuts will burn!).
- Gently place each donut in the oil, fry 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Then drain on absorbent paper.
- Allow donuts to cool before frosting with melted dark chocolate and melted white chocolate (double boiler or microwave). It's up to you to add the small decorations afterwards.