A pretty treat synonymous with sweetness: Marshmallow ! A concentrate of tenderness in one bite, like a cloud ... These homemade marshmallows with fruit coulis will charm you, I'm sure!
In this recipe I have added a fruit coulis (blueberries) to give a fruity flavor to marshmallows. We have fun preparing them!
To be able to make this recipe like a chef, you will need a kitchen thermometer, because the marshmallow does not like the approximation in terms of temperature ...
How to make homemade marshmallow?
It is a very simple recipe, it does not require egg white. Marshmallow is formed here from a glucose syrup-gelatin-water mixture. There is even a magical side when the transparent liquid becomes white and creamy...
In the bowl of the food processor or mixer, pour half of the glucose syrup, water and sugar. On the other hand, heat the rest of the glucose syrup in a saucepan with the rest of the water and sugar. Once the mixture reaches 115 °, add the drained gelatin.
We pour everything into the bowl of the net mixer and whisk until the nice consistency appears! A touch of vanilla later, and the marshmallow is ready.
How to successfully marshmallow marbling?
To make a marshmallow, start with a fresh fruit coulis that you make yourself, or that you buy in a store (I chose the first option). It must be very smooth, without any seeds.
What we want here is a marshmallow. It is therefore necessary to act quickly as soon as the marshmallow is poured into its mold. To do this, we place the coulis on top of the marshmallow that has just been spread and then with a knife, we draw lines in the grout to create the marbling. It is very simple, you will see.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy-to-make delicacies, I can also recommend these recipes: Coconut chocolate rocks, Chocolate flowing heart fondants, Easy pink meringues, Panna Cotta chocolate and ganache.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty marshmallows!
Marbled marshmallow with fruits, the easy recipe
- 8 Gelatin sheets 2g each
- 200 ml water
- 150 g liquid glucose pastry department
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 100 g fresh blueberries
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 g cornstarch cornstarch
- 100 g icing sugar
- Prepare the blueberry coulis by heating the fruit with the sugar in a saucepan, the coulis should form and thicken. Then pass it through a Chinese before the topping and set aside.
- Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- In the bowl of the food processor, pour half of the water and half of the glucose, start to beat at low speed.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the remaining glucose, the remaining water and the powdered sugar to a boil: use a cooking thermometer to see when the mixture reaches 115 °. At this temperature, remove the pan from the heat, then melt the drained gelatin in it.
- Pour this mixture into the food processor bowl in a thin stream, while increasing the speed of the whisk. Beat for 15 minutes until the mixture whitens and thickens. Just before the end add the vanilla.
- Once the smooth marshmallow texture has been obtained in a food processor, pour the marshmallow dough into a 15 x 24 cm mold lined with baking paper then smooth with a spatula.
- Immediately, pour in the blueberry coulis in a random fashion and marble the coulis with the tip of a knife. Let stand overnight (or several hours) for the marshmallow to set.
- The next day, sprinkle a little bit of the starch / icing sugar mixture then cut into large cubes. Mix the cubes in a bowl filled with starch / icing sugar, remove the excess powder, and place in a dish for tasting.