A refreshing and easy drink for the summer: the Homemade Peach Iced Tea ! Without any bitterness thanks to a cold infusion, we love the sweet peach flavor of this homemade ice tea. Serve with or without sugar, you decide!
A few details about this iced tea recipe
- flavors : it is a very light iced tea (without bitterness). We therefore feel the subtle notes of green tea and the yellow peach flavor. It's very refreshing served in a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Difficulty level : super easy to prepare! A few minutes are enough and no special equipment.
4 ingredients to plan for this homemade iced tea
- water : water at room temperature (especially not hot water, to avoid bitterness).
- tea : I only take green tea to make iced tea (in bags or loose). It is light and slightly bitter in cold infusion. You can also take white tea.
- peaches : I use yellow peaches, rather ripe but not too much.
- sweetening : it is not necessarily necessary to use sugar in this recipe. Personally, I don't. If you want to add sugar, you can do it with cane syrup or agave syrup, which are very suitable for drinks.
NB: the recipe with the detailed quantities is available at the bottom of the page.
How to make homemade iced tea?
- In a large container, add the tea to infuse cold.
- Remove the tea once it has infused.
- Cut the peaches and add them to the mixture.
- We refrigerate everything.
- Serve in tall glasses with ice cubes and a little sugar if needed. If you have peaches left, you can eat them!
Possible variations for this recipe
To vary peaches, you can make this homemade iced tea with apricots for example. You can also add a little freshness with slices of lime or lemon.
Other recipes to try
If you like fruity recipes for the summer, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Peach Melba
- Raspberry charlotte cake
- Rustic peach and vanilla tart
- Raspberry clafoutis
- Blueberry pie
- Vanilla strawberry layer cake
Homemade Peach Iced Tea
- 1 liter water at room temperature
- 5 green tea bags or white tea
- 3 yellow peaches rather ripe
- Cane syrup or agave syrup (optional, according to your tastes)
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves optional
- Pour water at room temperature into a large container. Add the green tea bags and let steep at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the sachets then place the container in the refrigerator while you do the rest.
- Wash and cut each peach into 8 slices (keeping the skin on). Add them to the tea container. Put back in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, start by putting ice cubes in each glass. To sweeten the tea, add cane syrup or agave syrup at this time. (It's optional, I prefer without).
- Then add the iced tea with a few pieces of peach. Finish with a sprig of mint for freshness. If you have peaches left, enjoy them!