A healthy and fruity recipe: Lemon poppy muffins that you will love to enjoy for breakfast or afternoon tea! We love their soft texture and their tangy taste.
It is already a basic among gourmets, the lemon-poppy cake available here in small lemon poppy muffins (practical to carry if necessary).
Have you ever tried the lemon-poppy duo? I love the crisp that bring these little seeds to the tasting. The acidity of lemon also I love in pastry making, it counterbalances the sweetness well.
How to make these lemon poppy muffins?
First you need beautiful organic lemons. I specify organic because we are going to use their zest, so it is essential.
This recipe is really simple and very fast to do ! You could almost make it with your eyes closed… Just mix the ingredients (respecting the order indicated in the recipe of course), and your muffin batter will be ready to cook!
For the duration of cooking, do not hesitate to adapt to your oven, they must not be too dry or undercooked ...
Some details about the recipe
I used the zest and juice of 2 lemons to make these muffins, but you are free to add more or less depending on what you prefer in terms of acidity. We do not all have the same tastes in this area!
The same goes for the amount of sugar brown sugar of the recipe. It's a balance to find so that the recipe simply adapts to you.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute muffins!
Lemon Poppy Muffins
- 100 g Light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 100 g soft butter, melted
- 2 yellow lemons
- 1,5 cs poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and whole eggs. Gradually add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Incorporate the melted unsalted butter and mix to homogenize the dough.
- Collect 2tsp of lemon zest and squeeze the juice from the 2 lemons. Add the zest and juice to the dough.
- Finally add the poppy seeds.
- Line the dough with small muffin tins or boxes placed in a muffin tin. Bake for about 23 minutes (to adjust according to your oven).
- Let cool on a rack before tasting ...