A light and fruity recipe: the Lemon, raspberry and whipped cream cake ! In addition to being very easy to make, it is really delicious with its fresh fruit and its thin layer of gourmet whipped cream sprinkled with toasted coconut ...
When the first ones arrive raspberries of the season, I always have lots of ideas in mind to use them in baking. Pies, cakes, mousses… There are plenty of options! Here I wanted a very soft cake that was easy to share and transport.
How to make this lemon raspberry cake?
The basis of this recipe is a lemon cake. We use its juice and zest to bring the tangy side as we like. You can also adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
When filling the cake mold, do not pour the dough all at once. We pour a first part of the dough then we place the raspberries fresh before pouring in the rest of the dough and placing in a hot oven.
One can prepare the whipped cream meanwhile: a very simple, slightly sweet whipped cream based on whipping cream. You will have to wait until the cake is cold before coating the whipped cream on top. I added a little toasted grated coconut because I love this taste (and it goes so well with raspberry). It only remains to decorate with raspberries extra and you have your dessert!
Possible variations on this recipe
Instead of raspberries, you can use fresh strawberries in this recipe. It works well with lemon as well.
You can also substitute the classic whipped cream with a coconut whipped cream (made from coconut cream).
If you like this kind of fruity recipes, I advise you to take a look at this Raspberry mascarpone and Breton palet tartthese Raspberry and orange blossom financiersThis Fondant cake peach raspberry tonka bean.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty cakes!
Lemon Raspberry and Chantilly Cake
- 250 g flour
- 2 cc baking powder
- 80 g cornstarch
- 180 g softened butter
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 citron jaune
- 5 eggs
- 200 g raspberries
- 20 cl whipping cream
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- Grated grated coconut
- Some raspberries for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° traditional heat.
- In the food processor bowl, combine the butter, sugar and lemon zest to obtain a creamy texture. Add the eggs one by one, mixing well between each. Pour in the lemon juice.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, yeast) then pour into the bowl of the food processor in three batches.
- Pour a little dough into the bottom of a cake tin, place a few raspberries then pour a little dough again and repeat to the top.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, check the doneness using a pick then let cool slightly before unmolding.
- Prepare the whipped cream by whipping the whipping cream in a food processor, at maximum speed. Add the icing sugar in rain just before the end. Cover the cold cake with whipped cream, sprinkle with grilled coconut and fresh raspberries.