This recipe from Waffles from Brussels is light and not very sweet. It does not require any rest time, which is very convenient! You can garnish these waffles with whipped cream and fresh fruit for a delicious and colorful result ...
Take the time to make a nice table Breakfast or a nice snack when the weekend comes, it's a little treat that I love to give myself as a family. We take the time to prepare together the delicacy of our choice, which will be tasted at lightning speed!
This recipe from Waffles from Brussels is ideal for this: you can give free rein to your imagination for the garnish: whipped cream, fresh fruits seasonal, or even spread if you feel like it!
The ingredients for this waffle recipe
flour : you can opt for wheat or spelled. It gives texture to the waffles.
Chemical yeast : this is what allows the waffles to rise (quickly) in the waffle iron.
Milk : you can opt for cow's milk or vegetable milk, as you prefer. At room temperature if possible.
Soft butter : it contributes to the softness, you can also choose semi-salted butter.
Light brown sugar : I prefer to use it rather than the classic powdered sugar, it gives a light caramelized taste.
Eggs : at room temperature if possible. We beat the egg whites to bring lightness to the dough.
Vanilla, salt : these are flavor enhancers for this recipe.
How to make Brussels waffles?
You need a good waffle iron. I found mine some time ago, and I'm really happy with it: it's a Frifri double thermostat waffle maker (a Belgian brand). The panels are robust and interchangeable, I can make Brussels waffles, Liège waffles, croque-monsieur ...
So we start by beating the whisked egg whites. Apart from, we mix the dry ingredients then we make a well to pour the wet ingredients. Smooth well and add the snow whites delicately last.
All you have to do is pour into the waffle iron preheated, and cook two by two. As for the garnish, I opted for lightly sweet whipped cream, and fresh fruit: strawberries & blueberries. A real treat ... The ten waffles will not have lasted the day!
Other recipes to try
If you also like gourmet recipes, ideal for breakfast or brunch, I advise you to take a look at these recipes: Cannelés bordelais the easy recipe, Hazelnut chocolate babka, Kanelbullar Swedish buns, Very moist American pancakes.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute waffles!
Light Brussels Waffles, Chantilly Cream & Fresh Fruits
Waffles from Brussels
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 packet of yeast
- 250 ml milk
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 60 g light brown sugar + or - according to your taste
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 cl whole liquid cream
- 1 cs icing sugar + or - according to your taste
- Fresh fruits (blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Start by preheating the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with the pinch of salt.
- In a container, mix the flour, yeast, brown sugar. Dig a well and add the egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Add the melted butter. Whisk to obtain a smooth mixture without lumps.
- Add the egg whites and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron, two waffles at a time, until the waffles are golden brown.
- Beat the liquid cream into a firm whipped cream with the icing sugar, consume immediately.