It is not because the temperatures go up that my desire for chocolate decreases… Quite the contrary I would say! With this recipe from Lime iced chocolate mousse I wanted to bring a little pep's to the traditional chocolate mousse, like a summer dessert. And the chocolate-lime association (if you've never tasted it) is both surprising and delicious: the acidity of the lime that mingles with the intensity of the chocolate… Speaking of intensity, j I have deliberately chosen a chocolate with a low cocoa content (54%) so that the two flavors blend easily (and that this dessert is suitable for everyone!). However, for chocolate purists, you can force the cocoa content even more (and therefore maybe add more zest to counterbalance).
The doses that I give here in the recipe are not huge, I would say they correspond to a classic dessert for 3 people. Well, ok, chocolate freaks might take more! It's for you to see ;)
For the "hit" side that is close to my heart on this recipe, I advise you to freeze it in the freezer for at least 2 hours, it gives the Lime iced chocolate mousse an ice cream side that I don't mind at all! It was a bit of the desired goal;) I hope you like it! I give you the recipe at the bottom of the article.
Lime iced chocolate mousse
- 120 g dark chocolate pastry I used 54% cocoa
- 70 g Soft butter
- 1 large organic lime
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bitter cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate into pieces and the diced butter in a double boiler or in the microwave on low power. Let cool.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, they should be rather firm.
- Once the chocolate has cooled (but not completely cooled otherwise it will be impossible to bind the yolks), add the egg yolks one by one, mixing well between each.
- Grate the lime zest: add 3/4 of the grated zest to the chocolate preparation.
- Then start to incorporate the egg whites little by little using a spatula: you have to wrap the whites well in the preparation so as not to break them. The preparation obtained must be very foamy.
- Divide among 3 dessert glasses and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. After this time, you will have to return the foams to room temperature a little before tasting so that they are not too hard but still very cold!
- Sprinkle with bitter cocoa and sprinkle with the remaining lime zest before serving.