Gluttony alert with this recipe for Nutella Cookies with a melting heart! Inside these crispy chocolate chip cookies hides a melting heart of hazelnut chocolate spread. Cookies very easy to prepare at home, with simple ingredients, hard to resist...
What You'll Love About This Nutella Cookie Recipe
- flavors : the taste of a lightly vanilla chocolate chip cookie, with a melting Nutella heart (chocolate-hazelnut)
- Texture : they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, especially when they are still slightly warm!
- Difficulty level : very simple to prepare, like classic cookies. What changes is just the Nutella that is added before baking the cookie balls.
Details of cookie ingredients
- Nutella : you can use this brand or any other brand of hazelnut chocolate spread.
- Sucre : I use a mixture of brown sugar for softness and powdered sugar for crispness. I really advise you not to change the types of sugars used in the recipe.
- Egg : A room temperature large egg is needed for this Nutella cookie recipe.
How to make Nutella cookies?
- We draw up small piles of Nutella on a plate and freeze
- We prepare cookie dough and refrigerate it
- We take a little cookie dough and then we dig a well
- We add the Nutella in the center then we close the cookie ball
- Bake and let cool on a plate.
NB: the detailed ingredients and the complete recipe are given to you at the bottom of the page.
My tips for a successful Nutella cookie
- to easily handle small piles of Nutella by hand : it is important that they are well frozen, about 20 minutes.
- keep chocolate chips aside for decoration and place them just before baking so that the cookies are visually prettier.
- to have round Nutella cookies : out of the oven, take a mini pastry circle, place it above the cookie and make circles, this will firm up its sides and give it a nice shape.
How to properly store your Nutella cookies?
You can keep these Nutella cookies up to 4 days at room temperature, in an airtight container. Avoid putting them in the refrigerator if you want to keep their melting heart.
To accentuate the melting Nutella the day after the realization or the following days, you can also pass them a few seconds in the microwave before tasting.
Other recipes to try
If you like to make homemade cookies, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Only Chocolate Cookies
- Oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Shortbread jam
- Peanut butter and chocolate cookies
- White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies
If you make these Nutella cookies, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cookies!
Nutella Melting Heart Cookies
- 220 g Soft butter
- 250 g Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 140 g Light brown sugar
- 115 g Granulated sugar
- 1 big egg
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 295 g flour
- 1 cc shaves baking powder
- 1 cc shaves baking soda
- 0,5 cc salt
- 140 g chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Strain the butter through a sieve to remove the scum then leave to cool for the rest.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place small, well-spaced heaps of Nutella (about 1,5 teaspoons – or the equivalent in a piping bag). Place the plate in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the brown sugar, powdered sugar and warm melted butter. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Separately, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in 3 times to the cookie dough, mixing between each addition (with a fork, a spatula or by hand). Do not mix more than necessary to ensure a good final texture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips last, keeping 1 tbsp of chips for decoration. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190° traditional heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With an ice cream scoop, scoop out a portion of cookie dough then make a well in the center with your fingers. Add a dose of frozen Nutella inside then close the cookie ball by folding the dough all around.
- Place the balls obtained on the baking sheet, spacing them well (I put 8 per sheet). Add the nuggets set aside for decoration on each ball.
- (Put the plate with the Nutella back in the freezer / the dough in the fridge while you make the different batches).
- Bake for about 15-16 minutes (this varies depending on the oven), the edges should be lightly browned. Note: the more you cook, the less tender they will be. Remove from the oven, let cool on a baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack.