I don't know about you, but I love chestnut cream, synonymous for me with gourmet comfort in the heart of winter. Mont Blanc is a dessert that I often choose from the restaurant menu, I am really a fan of it. I grant you, the chestnut cream is not the lightest thing, but associated with the crunchy meringue and the creamy cream, it's just perfection!
This recipe is a little different from the one I usually offer, because I was able to make it thanks to the contents of a pastry kit called C'est mon cake.
The concept is that of a box, in which all the ingredients / utensils necessary to make the recipe of your choice from a varied list are delivered to your home: Mont-Blanc, Paris-Brest, chocolate eclairs, strawberries etc. When I saw Mont-Blanc in the list, of course I fell in love :)
- the quality of the ingredients included: chestnut cream / honey / white chocolate / quality vanilla bean, they even put in the necessary powdered sugar and icing sugar.
- the two nozzles are included: the round to dress the meringue and the one with mini-holes to create the threads of chestnut cream, we can then reuse them for other recipes and that's great.
- piping bags are also included, large size is appreciable.
- the step-by-step photo included with the recipe is a good idea for those who are reluctant to get started!
- in my opinion, there is not enough cooking time for the meringues, I lengthened it so that they are well cooked.
- I added a small amount of mascarpone to the whipped ganache which I found a little too sweet.
At the tasting, the flavors were there, a pure treat! The chestnut cream was just delicious. My little Mont-Blancs didn't last long, you can imagine :)
Here is a little video that explains the recipe from A to Z:
CONTEST Lilie bakery x It's my cake
To win : 1 Mont-Blanc box "C'est Mon Gâteau"
For that, just leave me a comment below.
End of the competition Sunday 24/01 at 20 p.m., draw among your comments.
| CONTEST ENDED | Bravo to "Charly Win" & thank you for your participation!