An ultra gourmet recipe for dessert: the No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake ! A creamy and melting texture based on chocolate, fresh cheese and mascarpone on a thin layer of biscuits mixed with cocoa... No need for an oven or gelatin for this simple and quick recipe to prepare.
What you'll love with this chocolate cheesecake
- flavors : 100% chocolate thanks to the melted dark chocolate filling and the cocoa biscuit base.
- Textures : very melting and creamy at the level of the filling and also crunchy at its base thanks to the mixed biscuits.
- Difficulty level : this chocolate cheesecake is very easy to make since it requires no cooking and no added gelatin. Plan a 20cm round springform pan to achieve it.
- Biscuits : I took Oreos to reinforce the cocoa side of this chocolate cheesecake. Instead, you can also use mixed small butters.
- Cream cheese : I always take the Philadelphia brand (plain) which is THE cheese for cheesecakes. If you don't like this fresh cheese, you can substitute the same amount of mascarpone.
- cream : here you need whole liquid cream at 30% mg (and very cold it is important).
- Chocolate pastry : I opt for 52% cocoa to avoid the dessert being too strong in chocolate. You can also make half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate to sweeten it.
How to make a no-bake chocolate cheesecake?
- On mix the cookies then mix them with melted butter
- On mug them well in the bottom of the springform pan
- We do melt the chocolate confectioner
- On whip the cream in whipped cream
- Apart, we mix all other ingredients
- Then we add the melted chocolate and lastly the whipped cream
- Smooth this mixture into the mold and we refrigerate
- Decorate the chocolate cheesecake with whipped cream and shavings before serving!
NB: the detailed quantities and the complete recipe are given to you at the bottom of this page.
My tips for a successful chocolate cheesecake
- for a perfect release, place a strip of rhodoid film before starting to line the mould. All you have to do is remove it before unmolding the chocolate cheesecake on the serving platter.
- for a successful whipped cream, that is to say firm and airy, your cream must be very cold. You have to whip it medium speed then slightly increase the speed until you get nice peaks.
- to obtain a smooth and homogeneous filling, just before pouring the preparation into the mould, I use an electric hand mixer to whip, it's quick and easy.
How to store your chocolate cheesecake?
This chocolate cheesecake keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days, in an airtight bell ideally to preserve its flavor. I advise you to eat it very fresh, just out of the refrigerator.
Other recipes to try
If you are a fan of chocolate desserts, then take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Baulois chocolate fondant
- Soft chocolate muffins
- Chocolate Pear Charlotte
- chocolate marquise
If you make this no-bake chocolate cheesecake, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful cheesecakes!
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 230 g whole Oreo cookies
- 50 g soft butter, melted
- 245 g dark chocolate pastry 52% cocoa
- 300 g heavy whipping cream 30% very cold
- 150 g plain Philadelphia fresh cheese
- 250 g mascarpone
- 75 g granulated sugar +/- according to your taste
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 120 g heavy whipping cream 30% very cold
- 1 cs granulated sugar +/- according to your taste
- Chocolate chips
- In a blender, crush the cookies into crumbs. Melt the butter in the microwave then mix with the mixed biscuits.
- Pack the mixed biscuits in the bottom of a 20cm springform pan (I add a rhodoïd film first to facilitate the unmolding of the cheesecake). Press well with the back of a spoon or a glass. Refrigerate while waiting for the rest.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave. Let cool for later.
- Whip the liquid cream until stiff and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the Philadelphia cream cheese, mascarpone, powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in the warm melted chocolate. Whisk to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Immediately add the whipped cream to the mixture and whisk to smooth the texture. This filling should already hold together well.
- Pour this filling into the mold, on the biscuit base. Smooth the top with a spatula then refrigerate overnight (6 hours minimum).
- Unmold the cheesecake onto a serving platter and remove the rhodoïd film.
- Whip the whipped cream. As soon as it begins to take shape add the powdered sugar. Continue whisking until stiff.
- Fill a piping bag with a fluted tip with this whipped cream, then pipe small domes all around the cheesecake. Add chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately (chilled) or refrigerate until tasting.