Melting and tangy, impossible to resist this Key lime pie no cook ! A creamy, delicious and refreshing lime tart. Very quick and easy to prepare, with a texture similar to cheesecake, I hope you like it as much as I do ...
When the weather is nice and you want a light dessert at the end of a meal, this tart is really ideal. The tangy side of lime is really refreshing. We also love it for its speed of preparation, it can be done a little in advance (it is also better the next day).
What is the key lime pie?
It is a lime pie native to Florida in the USA. It is also a real symbol there. I had the chance to visit Florida on a road trip ten years ago, that's where I tasted my first Key lime pie: a real crush!
The recipe that I offer you here is without cooking, handy when it's hot. Note that the original recipe contains egg and is baked in the oven. The taste is quite similar in the form with or without cooking. But it's even easier to do without cooking!
The base of the Key lime pie consists of mixed cookies, like the cheesecake. For the decoration, a little touch of whipped cream and lime zest. Simple and delicious!
The necessary ingredients for this lime pie
For biscuit base:
- low sugar shortbread cookies: I use the McVities in the English section, but other cookies work very well too.
- pecan nuts: for their delicious fragrance…
- Soft butter
- Maple syrup
For garnish :
- Philadelphia fresh cheese
- mascarpone cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
For the to :
- whole cream
- icing sugar (it's optional, personally I don't need it)
- lime: zest and slices
NB: all the quantities are specified in my recipe at the bottom of the page.
How to make a key lime pie without cooking?
You can easily make this Key lime pie in advance. We start by doing the biscuit base. To do this, we mix the cookies and then the pecans before bringing them together in a container. The melted butter and maple syrup are then poured in, then this mixture is packed into the bottom of a deep pie pan (mine is 23cm in diameter).
To pack properly, I use the back of a tablespoon. We also go up slightly on the edges to contain the filling well afterwards. All you have to do is put this tart shell in the freezer if you are in a hurry. Otherwise we can keep it in the refrigerator and do the rest of the recipe the next day.
To realize the garnish of the Key lime pie without cooking, we whip the mascarpone and the Philadelphia. Then add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest. You have to whisk well to have a smooth consistency. Then pour the filling on the biscuit base and smooth everything. Minimum refrigeration is 4 hours but overnight is even better.
Finally we can move on to stage decor ! We whip the whipped cream, then with a pastry bag we make small domes all around the edge of the pie. Slice lime slices then twist them to decorate the pie. A little lime zest, and that's it, it's ready!
How to taste the key lime pie?
From experience, know that it will be even better the day after its realization. While waiting to serve it, keep it well fridge (up to 3 days).
It is better when cold, I find that the lime flavor comes out even more! Ideally, use a bell to prevent the pie from taking on the smell of the fridge ...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy desserts, I can advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- No-Bake Speculoos Cheesecake
- Raspberry mascarpone tart Breton palet
- No-Bake Strawberry Speculoos Cheesecake
- Chocolate coconut pie
- Coconut red berry mascarpone tart
- No-bake strawberry lemon cheesecake
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see beautiful pies!
No-Bake Key Lime Pie, Lime Pie
- 125 g lightly sweet shortbread cookies Mc Vities type or other
- 100 g pecan nuts
- 90 g soft butter, melted
- 1 cs maple syrup
- 225 g Philadelphia fresh cheese
- 225 g mascarpone cheese
- 280 g sweetened condensed milk
- 75 ml lime juice
- 1,5 cs lime zest
- 2 lime
- 20cl whole cream 30% mg
- 1 cs icing sugar optional
- Finely mix the pecans. Apart from mixing the cookies and then bringing the two together in a container.
- Add the melted butter, maple syrup and mix everything to obtain a texture of coarse sand.
- Lightly grease a tart pan with edges high enough (to contain the filling). Mine is 23cm in diameter.
- Tamp this mixture in the bottom of the mold and also go up on the edges. Use a tablespoon to pack well. Place in the freezer while you do the rest.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese and mascarpone so that they are creamy. Then add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest.
- Whisk well to obtain a smooth mixture. Then pour over the biscuit dough base, smooth and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
- Whip the whipped cream into a firm whipped cream with the icing sugar (optional). Fill a pastry bag with whipped cream and arrange small domes of cream all around the tart.
- Cut 6 thin slices of lime. Slice half of the washer and twist the ends for a nice finish. Then place on the pie to decorate.
- Zest a lime and sprinkle over the center of the pie. Then place in the refrigerator until tasting.